GAS $2.33 Can you believe it

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

yes & have you noticed no real comments about it? when it was going up you heard the rates every day. Now, nada.

Red

knabe

wait a minute, doesn't the "free" market not work?

just goes to show that the media will only report on controversy, and create it when necessary by always pointing out sides in an issue as equal,even when it's 300:1.

though i gotta say, ag is in that boat now that i think the US just passed some threshold of rural vs suburban a while ago.

linnettejane

i tell you... :mad:...gas was 3.19 around here...and we are only about 15 miles from a refinery!!!  all the dj's are joking on the radio that we have to pay extra because our gas is soooo "fresh".....yeah right....

renegade

Oh wow we are still at 3.29 and that is flying j - most places are 20 cents higher than that. Idaho is like always in the top three for highest in the nation

dutch pride

$2.88 yesterday up here in MI. It amazes me that prices seem so different in different parts of the country. It would seem that the father North you went, prices would be higher and they would be cheaper in the south gulf coast area where all the refineries are but that seems not to be the case. I also wonder how three gas stations, all on the same corner and from competing brands always move their gas prices at the same times and are always the same relative price. 2 are always the same and the other is always 1 cent more. It sure looks like price fixing to me but what do I know.  Maybe we could get the media to look into this rather than the life and times of Joe the plumber.

DLZ

shortyjock89

$2.49 in Danville IL, as of a half hour ago..hope it goes down some more  (lol),

DCC_Cattle

Gas is $2.49 here in central Ohio. I have noticed that since prices have came down, the roads are busier.
I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THAT JUST BECAUSE PRICES ARE DOWN....IT DOESN'T MEAN DRIVE MORE!!!
Thats not the way it's supposed to work! Our economy is in bad shape and it's just a matter of time before the unthinkable happens. JMO.

TJ

Diesel is $2.91 at 2 stations in Morganfield, KY. 

knabe

DCC_Cattle said:
I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THAT JUST BECAUSE PRICES ARE DOWN....IT DOESN'T MEAN DRIVE MORE!!!
Thats not the way it's supposed to work! Our economy is in bad shape and it's just a matter of time before the unthinkable happens. JMO.

sure it does.  transportation takes the path of least resistance.  you need to drive to more cattle shows.  my over 500 of my honda hybrid's equals the pollution of a typical early 70's vehicle.  the problem still is older cars, trucks, idling ships and a host of other sources rather than cars.

what do you mean it's not the way it's supposed to work.  that's supply and demand.  that's why people manipulate it with mandates, subsidies etc.  if oil is so bad, let's just hurry up and use it all just like whale oil.  that's the way it's supposed to work.  it's supposed to work that the "alternative" sources should lower their costs to compete, but since they can't, they whine and beg to be bought off.  it still doesn't make sense for me for solar, even with all the subsidies.  we need off the grid solutions, not distributed power.  when you are off the grid, you are not dependent upon the government, but since they want you dependent, that's what they subsidize.

our economy is in bad shape due to bad loans, the reluctance to subsidize their losses and penalize the people who made and borrowed money prudently.  if there was more fear of not being able to pay, more people wouldn't have made those loans.  but since they knew the govt would bail them out, not only did they do it, the government would penalize them if they didn't in the form of racism and a bunch of other hooey.

the unthinkable would be that someone would actually have to pay for a bad decision.

the business model of investment banking is over and no one knows it.  more and more people are going to a distributed direct model.  the faster that happens, the better.  it has always worked, and it always will.