Gas Prices

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

With oil going up like it is what are the gas prices everywhere in the US?
Ours in NC are $3.16 for regular and $3.72 for diesel.
I think i need to start my weight loss routine off right and start walkinh everywhere because these fuel prices hurt.

knabe

3.70 in ca bay area for premium.  over 4 in some places in SF. 

please don't drill for oil anywhere in the us or the gulf of mexico, or off the coast of california, or for that matter anywhere please. 

also, just tax the oil companies more, but not one's that are offshore, like citgo.  a profit margin of less than 10% should be moved down to 1% and they should have to subsidize alternative technology, rather than have people develope that technology themselves.

diesel bus cost/mile  1.58
hydrogen bus/mile  58.00

of course neither bus is profitable

this is like shipping more watermelons to try and make a profit when you are already losing 10% on each melon.  in one sense, if it's govt, i guess i could agree with that as it will only speed up the crash.  kinda like health care in SF where they are already rationing it, so, guess what,they will raise taxes.

Dusty

We should be drilling for oil anywhere and everywhere there is crude to found... They could put an oil rig in my front yard for all I care.  I would put xmas lights on it.  ANWR by all means drill the wells..the caribou will deal with it.

knabe

the caribou love to warm themselves next to the pipeline, probably breaks the wind too.

OhShOwEr

Ohio...Gas  3.29 and diesel 3.89  just filled the tanks for off road diesel...3.29 :mad:

jlcattle

I know, us too.  If prices stay like this we will not be making the trip to Kansas City  :'(

fluffer

Dusty said:
We should be drilling for oil anywhere and everywhere there is crude to found... They could put an oil rig in my front yard for all I care.  I would put xmas lights on it.  ANWR by all means drill the wells..the caribou will deal with it.
(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Thats AWESOME!!!!!!  You made me laugh!!!  (clapping)

fluffer

Diamond

its hit 3.70 and 3.89 for diesel, I hate to see whats going to happn in the next few months, its said to be on the raise. At this rate it wont be long till we end up in another depression...

red

I just know w/ planting season rolling around the corner here it's going to be really rough if prices stay the same or higher. We're the co-op's biggest user of fuel so I just dread seeing the bills.

By the way, how many use the right diesel fuel? Meaning the correct one for farm use versus the one for road use? At the elevator one time they did an independent survey of semi's & trucks. Think my guys were the only ones that had the right color in their fuel tanks.  :eek:

Red

JbarL

showsteerdlux said:
With oil going up like it is what are the gas prices everywhere in the US?
Ours in NC are $3.16 for regular and $3.72 for diesel.
I think i need to start my weight loss routine off right and start walkinh everywhere because these fuel prices hurt.

just did a quick count of gasoline motors i have here "in town"...automobiles/3  riding tractor/push mower/ leaf blower/chainsaw 2?/generator 2/string trimmer/motorcycle....a little walkin'/ and maybe some exerscise too, may be inorder.... :D    i can justify the gasoline motors on the farm ....but i find myself a little guilty of takin' the  convient side of things here in town.......jbarl

steermaker

I paid 3.999 for diesel fuel yesterday!!  Gotta love NY state and all of the taxes that go alone with living here.  The better mileage on the new truck compared to the old "gas job" has me about at the break even point, as gas is 3.319.  The thing that surprised my was when my wife and I were in Honulul two weeks ago on vacation, gas was 3.3359.  Much cheaper than we had expected.

shorthorns r us

i might try some amish transportation if fuel prices  continue to increase.  i hate horses but might have to go cowboy style b4 i pay $4.

showsteerdlux

SRU said:
i might try some amish transportation if fuel prices  continue to increase.  i hate horses but might have to go cowboy style b4 i pay $4.
Amen brother. I wonder if we could get better milelage with feed costs ??? ??? (lol)

DLD

Road diesel $3.69 - $3.79 here today (gas still $3.05 -$3.12).... At 14 -15 mpg empty, I can't do this. Either gotta get a little pickup or suv or I've gotta invest in a tuner and exhaust and try to get my mileage up... Any thoughts?

BCCC

We will noramlly run farm diesel in most of our trucks, except the one truck we use for jackpotting then it is normally a mixture of farm an dhighway diesel ;D

DLD

BCCC said:
We will noramlly run farm diesel in most of our trucks, except the one truck we use for jackpotting then it is normally a mixture of farm an dhighway diesel ;D

I actually haven't heard of 'em checkin' any lately... I wonder if they're easin' up a little due to all this? I'm still not willin' to try it though - I'm around too many sale barns too often, and that seems to be the most common place for 'em to check in the past.

BCCC, if you're runnin some farm diesel in that truck, you'd just as well run it all - my understanding is that it takes a whole lot of road diesel run through a truck to get rid of all traces from a few gallons of farm diesel.

I used to know a guy that drove one of those little Isuzu diesel 4 x4 pickups. 35 mpg and never burned anything but farm diesel in it, 'cause he figured it'd never get checked... Hmmm...