God is so good

Help Support Steer Planet:

dutch pride

Two of our nieces were in a car accident tonight. We raised these girls since they were little girls. They were on there way home after visiting there Mom who was in the hospital. A woman was walking across a 4 lane hi-way and a car stopped for her and started a chain reaction and they rear ended a small truck in front of them. Car looks totaled but both girls are OK, one has a sprained ankle and both have some bruising from seatbelt/airbags, nothing worse. Also in car was 4 month old baby of one of the girls. Baby is fine, not a scratch. Girls told us they had been having a discussion about God and how He fits into there lives on the way before this happened. They have both made some choices that were not the best but I think this may have been a wake up call for them. I think that they realize that God was watching over them and the baby tonight.

Doug

JbarL

my prayers for everyones recovery.....and prayers for Him to continue to touch there hearts......and for you and your family ... and the examples you've given for them to see.... (angel)              jbarl

Phantoosm

dutch pride said:
Two of our nieces were in a car accident tonight. We raised these girls since they were little girls. They were on there way home after visiting there Mom who was in the hospital. A woman was walking across a 4 lane hi-way and a car stopped for her and started a chain reaction and they rear ended a small truck in front of them. Car looks totaled but both girls are OK, one has a sprained ankle and both have some bruising from seatbelt/airbags, nothing worse. Also in car was 4 month old baby of one of the girls. Baby is fine, not a scratch. Girls told us they had been having a discussion about God and how He fits into there lives on the way before this happened. They have both made some choices that were not the best but I think this may have been a wake up call for them. I think that they realize that God was watching over them and the baby tonight.

Doug

Glad your family is ok, however I think seat belts and airbags are what saved your family.  Not so much God alone.  Sorry if that offends you or anyone else, however I see things from a realistic point of view.  In reality some people are not as blessed and looked on with as much favor by God.

It's easy to thank God when things turn out ok, however we seem to forget that God does not look on others with the same kind of favor when some people are not as fortunate.  Especially when innocent people are killed for no good reason.  Some of those same folks who were not as lucky do not see God as being Good. 

So instead of giving God all of the credit, give credit to the auto manufactures who installed the car with seat belts and airbags. 

shortdawg

Dutch, I thank God that those girls are all OK. I also thank God for blessing those car engineers with enough brains to develop those air bags and seatbelts that helped save their lives. Their testimonies will definitely reach others. Please be in prayer for me tomorrow b/c I lost my Grandpa this past Sunday and I'll be giving the eulogy in the service.

Doc

Phantoosm said:
Glad your family is ok, however I think seat belts and airbags are what saved your family.   Not so much God alone.  Sorry if that offends you or anyone else, however I see things from a realistic point of view.  In reality some people are not as blessed and looked on with as much favor by God.

It's easy to thank God when things turn out ok, however we seem to forget that God does not look on others with the same kind of favor when some people are not as fortunate.  Especially when innocent people are killed for no good reason.  Some of those same folks who were not as lucky do not see God as being Good. 

So instead of giving God all of the credit, give credit to the auto manufactures who installed the car with seat belts and airbags. 

Doug, That's great news!!
Bigtex, I hate to do it but I'm going to feed the gnome.
  Phantoosm, Doug wasn't looking to get into a religious debate!! He was wanting to share some good news with people he considers his friends. We all know by now that you hate show cattle & are an aethiest , so what are you trying to prove? Give it a rest.

farwest

doug,  i don't want to say anything more than YOU ARE A PURE MOREON.  you deserve nothing else of a reply to debate.

BIGTEX

Doug, I believe everything happens for a reason and maybe God was trying to wake them up, I know I have had the same wake up call more than once. Until you have felt God yourself it is hard for some people to grasp. I so Glad they were not seriously injured.

BIGTEX

shortdawg said:
Dutch, I thank God that those girls are all OK. I also thank God for blessing those car engineers with enough brains to develop those air bags and seatbelts that helped save their lives. Their testimonies will definitely reach others. Please be in prayer for me tomorrow b/c I lost my Grandpa this past Sunday and I'll be giving the eulogy in the service.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. God Bless you and your Grandpa>

cowz

Phantoosm:

Please refrain from stirring the pot.  Please keep your comments on a positive note.  We are tolerant here for those who are not constantly correcting or slamming others.  This is a show cattle board.  We talk about a lot of things.  In return you can be tolerant of others with views different than your own.  If you cant abide with this......there are several Angus forums, breeders world, showsteers, cattle.com, etc.........

I am happy that the family survived the accident!

If anyone knows anyone who travels with children without a carseat, there is a national program with state patrols and dept's of public safety that are giving away free car seats and booster seats.  Check it out.

Losin Money

Farwest... please tell me what a moreon is?  I have a masters degree and that one must have slipped my vocabulary.

bcosu

i think the thing to remember is that god has a greater plan and that it is more complicated than anyone of us could understand. our thoughts are with you as you go through these trying times.

Simmymom1

Dutch - GOD is good, and so are seatbelts!!  God bless your family  (angel)

xxcc

God saves.  I do not know you or your kids, nor most on this board...what I do know is that many miracles happen.  Dec. 21, 2001 I rolled a Ford F250 atleast 4 times, received many injuries, but am pretty much fully recovered.  I am positive that if it wasn't for God before, during and after that I wouldn't be here now.  I don't get too Biblical on many people, but Phantooism may need to read atleast Mark 2:7-11.  May you be forgiven for doubting God's power and presence.

Bawndoh

I can give you 10 solid stories that back up the point that God does watch over us!  I dont want to bore everyone, but He is truely a master.  Although He does not always Give and Take what we want, it seems to make more sence down the road when we have had time to process why He did what He did.  Knabes quote explains life quite well.  I cannot quote bible readings, nor have I ever read much of the Bible, however, God is there when I need him, and sometimes he is there when I thought I didnt.  I dont think this is a matter of religion, but a matter of what You believe keeps you safe and running and full of life and love every day.

Amen...lol.

knabe

truth, just for a few moments, try the mental exercise of explaining what is, and don't cop out by say what it isn't.

just for grins, or frowns as the case may be, found phantoosm here too

http://exchristian.net/2/2007/02/jesus-tomb-found.html

and here

http://exchristian.net/letters/2004/07/christians-suck.php 

saying
It just kills me how so many Christians like to throw the Bible in your face constantly when they don't have anything else to stand on.

gee, it sounds like you are talking to yourself truth.  why do you have to throw your view in our face constantly.  what compels you to do this?

perhaps you could make your own forum and share your views more clearly.  perhaps it could be named spite.com  where we only argue from the negative perspective (logically, not emotionally)

dutch pride

Thanks for everyone comments, thoughts and prayers. It was not my intention to start a debate, just sharing my testamony. Yes I believe God is alive and active in the world today. Do I know why God lets "bad" things happen to "good" people? No I do not. But if I understood everthing about my God then my God would not be any bigger or more powerful or more wise or more whatever than I am. I would not want a God that I could understand fully because that would limit Him.

Doug