Goddard Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Steerheavy48

Did anyone see The Viking and MAB sib at the beef expo? I haven't seen a bull with that much power and balance since MAB himself. What a nice set of bulls.

Carlson Cattle

I really diddent think they were that great and i did in fact see them in person at the Iowa Beef Expo. Viking diddent have a middle to him at all and besides the MAB bulls front 1/4 he had nothing to him. This MAB was nothing like his daddy.

CAB

We walked over to see the display bulls at about 3pm and they were all gone so we missed seeing any bulls at the EXPO, but did go to both studs in the area on Sunday for a quick run through of the bulls, & I mean quick it was too cold to take much time. Some of my favorites were Sound Proof, Surround Sound, Safe & Sound, Big Ignition, Right Direction, Uprising, No Remorse, 1/2 Blood, Here I Am, Hi Ho Silver, & there was a Char colored bull with the tag # 902 in his right ear. Off of the top of my head that's a "quick" look. Also Perks Hereford have a yearling H Hereford that is very good. There is another P Hereford at Nichols that is very popular right now but his name will not come to me that is very good deep bodied bull, Catapult is the bull.

Tallcool1

Carlson Cattle said:
I really diddent think they were that great and i did in fact see them in person at the Iowa Beef Expo. Viking diddent have a middle to him at all and besides the MAB bulls front 1/4 he had nothing to him. This MAB was nothing like his daddy.

I didn't see Viking in person, but the Denver pictures looked like he had good rib shape and overall depth.

The steers that seem to be sifting to the top at these shows aren't the belly dragging type that they were a few years ago.  These steers have some leg under them and are a little less sappy soggy bellied.  Maybe that is the direction that things are starting to head?