Going to Ft. Worth

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

The fall borns most of us raise just aren't mature enough for Fort Worth in general.  There are always exceptions, but its just tough.  Slick shear shows a few weeks later are different ballgame though.  A few years ago we had a Chi steer get the gate at Fort Worth and win his class at Houston.

None of us should be too discouraged.  If it was easy to do it wouldn't be near as much fun.

gocanes719

I know the champion Angus steer at Houston got the gate at Ft. Worth.  They showed him as a cross though.

chambero

Are you talking about last year's Angus at Houston?  We raised the Champion Angus at Houston in 05.  That calf stood around 5th at Fort Worth if I remember correctly.

I love hair shows, but we do better at the ugly ones and have since they started it. 

As yet another example, I've got a very good friend that has a real good steer (an older calf) from Bonham that hit the gate this time.  I would have guessed they were in the running to win Class 10.  All you can do is shake your head and try again.

sawboss

If you get the gate, you hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth outside of the arena.  The most common thing I heard was, "Oh well, we will slick him and head to San Antonio."

Latest posts