guess my age....

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

In another post it was discussed to try an guess the age of the poster...so here it goes.

My year of birth was associated with some pretty scary current events

Four students at Kent State University in Ohio slain by National Guardsmen at demonstration protesting incursion into Cambodia (May 4).
President: Richard M. Nixon
Vice President: Spiro T. Agnew

Other events
The Beatles break up. By the end of the year, each member had released a solo album.
Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin both die drug-related deaths at age 27.
Midnight Cowboy wins the Best Picture Oscar, the first and only time an X-rated movie received the honor.
Record of the Year: "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In," 5th Dimension
IBM introduces the floppy disk.
Cost of a first-class stamp:  $0.06
Median Household Income (current dollars):  $8,734

Stanley Cup
Boston d. St. Louis (4-0)

Wimbledon
Women: Margaret Court d. B.J. King (14-12 11-9)
Men: John Newcombe d. K. Rosewall (5-7 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-1)

Kentucky Derby Champion
Dust Commander

shortyjock89

This oughta be easy enough: Tienanmen Square...and yes I've had my birthday already this year.

OH Breeder

shortyjock89 said:
This oughta be easy enough: Tienanmen Square...and yes I've had my birthday already this year.

You were born in 1989. Making you 19 after your birthday.
The closer I get to 40 the more I apprecaite my 20s and 30s.

ROAD WARRIOR

When you get to be my age, you have trouble remembering what you were doing when you were 19- at least I do. Could be my mispent youth though.

OH Breeder

ROAD WARRIOR said:
When you get to be my age, you have trouble remembering what you were doing when you were 19- at least I do. Could be my mispent youth though.
Any other clues.... ;) I am thinking 50.

shortyjock89

Almost...I'm 18..19 in 5 months lol...I'm already appreciating my youth...I know all too well that you don't live forever..How did the show in Lima go for you?

OH Breeder

shortyjock89 said:
Almost...I'm 18..19 in 5 months lol...I'm already appreciating my youth...I know all too well that you don't live forever..How did the show in Lima go for you?

THanks for asking. Did you all make it to the show? I was pretty happy. We had 2nd, 3rd, 5th in class.

ROAD WARRIOR

OH Breeder said:
ROAD WARRIOR said:

Actually, today is my birthday (spent fixing fence). I gave away my age on another post here a day or two ago. I'm sure some one read it and will remember. DL & Cowboy can't play!

OH Breeder

ROAD WARRIOR said:
OH Breeder said:
ROAD WARRIOR said:

Actually, today is my birthday (spent fixing fence). I gave away my age on another post here a day or two ago. I'm sure some one read it and will remember. DL & Cowboy can't play!

If cowboy is 54 and you are little younger than my age is about target. HAPPY B-day!

ROAD WARRIOR

In that case you're a little long on years - Hint - In 1981 I clipped the National Champion R A bull, 7 months after I graduated high school.

renegade

shortyjock89 said:

Yeah for the Big 18. I will turn 18 on May 23, the day before i graduate....Im sooooo excited and yet its a little scary ;D :'(.  I guess this is when my character comes to light, when i make these big decisions for the future and stick with them... like going to college and graduating.

BTW Shortyjocky89 are you in highschool or college, just wondering what college if you have already graduated.

Doc

ROAD WARRIOR said:
In that case you're a little long on years - Hint - In 1981 I clipped the National Champion R A bull, 7 months after I graduated high school.
Road Warrior, That was the year before I graduated & I turned 43 in August so I'm going to geuss 44. ;D

Jill

Now this is fun!

Movies: Psycho, The Entertainer, The Apartment
Songs: Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Let's Do the Twist, Never on Sunday, Teen Angel, Stay, Are You Lonesome Tonight
TV Shows: Perry Mason, Bonanza, My Three Sons, The Untouchables, Andy Griffith Show, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Walt Disney Presents
Books: The Affair, C.P. Snow; The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Allan Sillitoe; To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee; Rabbit, Run, John Updike; The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, William L. Shirer
Presidential candidates Kennedy and Nixon engage in a televised debate that helps set the precedent for future TV political coverage
Clark Gable dies
John F. Kennedy elected President in narrow contest over Richard Nixon
Black students stage a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro, NC to protest segregated seating at the establishment; the event inspires a wave of such sit-ins across the South
U.S. relations with Cuba deteriorate as Castro regime seizes U.S. assets
First studies linking cigarette smoking with heart disease
First "Teflon" non-sticking cookware goes on sale at Macy's in New York
First oral contraceptives made available to the public

CAB

Now I know why I like your posts so well Jill. You are from a grand age of good times and memories. BTW, Shortyjock, you are wise beyond your years. It will be fun for some of us to say, I knew him when. You have a very bright future ahead of you. Keep up the good work.