H.E.L.P!!!!!1

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

TO MAKE HIM DRINK, GIVE HIM A HANDFUL OF SALT AND BRING ON THE BUCKET OR A LITTLE DRY HAY TO PARCH HIM, 5 GALLONS OF WATER IS 40 POUNDS

renegade

:mad:I was just about to ask you guys about that. How do i go about doing that - just put the salt in his mouth or feed then make him drink from the bucket.

farmboy

SALT SHOULD MAKE HIM DRINK SOME :) I WOULD EITHER JUST PUT YOUR HAND BY HIS NOSE AND HE SHOULD START TO LICK OR PUT A BLOCK IN FRONT OF HIM

renegade

We don't weigh in until 5pm(of course in 100 heat) so should i feed him in the morning and give him water right before we leave?

renegade

I will probably leave @ 4:30 or so to be the first few in line. I got luck of the draw when we moved to this house you go half a mile down the road to the hwy and travel five minutes that way to the fair grounds - i think we have the closest animals to the fair. I want to be there early or you can be waiting for an hour +.

red

I'd feed him in the morning since you don't want him to get nervous & go off feed before you take him. Don't give him as much water & the before you leave give him as much as he can drink. It's good to have something like Appettite Express given a couple of days before you leave to keep all his rumen bugs working & so he doesn't go off feed. Just try to keep him cool & comfortable. Don't let him get overly excites & run around a bunch before the weigh in.

Brst of luck & let us know how you do.

Red

farmboy

AT OUR FAIR WE CAN GO ON SUNDAY BEFORE THE FAIR OR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT OR EARLY IN THE MORNING TO GET WEIGHED IN AT 8 MONDAY MORNING. THIS YEAR WERE GONNA GO AT ABOUT 11

renegade

When you go early in the mornig do you ask them to do that or do they offer that to every one or is your weigh in at 8am? I really feel like it is a bad idea to have us go in in the hottest part of the day - i mean it got to 107 at 5pm friday!!!!

bluegrass

Feed normal feeding early in the morning then let him munch on hay with salt sprinkled on it all day. I would not let him drink until about 5 minutes befor he steps on scales if possible. With you being that close to fairgrounds you should go over and check out the scales and see if they weigh heavy or light compared to yours.

renegade

I don't have a scale right now and they dont bring the livestock scales to the fairgrounds until that day, but thanks for the advise. i was trying to find out how accurate this table is:                                             

http://www.piedmontese-napa.com/GettingYourCattleWeightsWithoutaScale.htm

i just need to know how far off it is. Thankyou for your suggestions.