Halls Legacy Plus X Midas Cow For Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

sdf

We have decided to sell our last Maine Female.  Her registration number is 378589.  She has calved out once  and her heifer was put into our replacement heifer group. She was AI'd to Alias and cleaned up with our Brangus sire for a spring ABC  calf  (Texas State Fair age).  She was shown a little and placed high in her class at Fort Worth and won a couple of local shows.  Our son has won the calf scrambles at Fort Worth and San Antonio and is wanting to generate a little more shopping money for a new heifer.  We are located in Northeast Texas.  When we bought the heifer,  DL had the following comments on her:

SDF - on paper your heifers dam looks great -she certainly has all the "right stuff" and a clean pedigree as far as genetic defects go. Midas as I said is one of my absolutely favorite Maine bulls for females. He was bred by Flying Dutchman in Iowa - (Pella I think) but the DeHaans who owned DF sold out about 10 years ago. Ashley is the dam of The Witch Doctor - one of the all time great Maine bulls and I think his females are really good mothers.  Polled Pursuit (PLD Pursuit) the story goes was picked out of Canada at 3 month s of age by Mike Hartman who then went back and bought his dam - could be a rural legend but Hartman sure knows cattle. Pursuit was a very influential bull in the breed - like his son Legacy and his grandson Legacy Plus he sired multiple show winning heifers and was a successful show bull in his own right. I have no specific or personal knowledge about the Legacy Plus females as cows, but certainly the bottom side of your heifers pedigree says great cow! I think she should do well for you - can't wait to see a picture, DL

I'll try to get pictures today.  Let me know if you are interested. Price $2000.