Has anyone ever crossed a clubby bull w/highland cow??

Help Support Steer Planet:

Buckeye82

I was wondering if anyone has ever crossed the two. I have crossed an angus bull to highland cows and have gotten some nice polled calves but I have yet to use a clubby bull.

Medium Rare

I believe there was some form of an attempt at a promotional bull with a percentage of Highland blood in him not too long ago.

With the issues many club calves are having hitting show dates, I'm not sure how you'd make the cross work.

mark tenenbaum

Dont know about a trainwreck-didnt think highlands were that hard calving-It would be small-A few years ago there was a clubby black hiefer bull with a 56 pound BW called -YOU GUESSED IT -HIGH LANDER and he was one quarter or half-I think Burroughs bulls in Ohio had him Some cool looking Shorthorn x Highlanders in England and Scotland That deal has been going on a couple hundred years at least-Maybe in another life Faro was a farm hand there barefoot and wraggedy cloathes-That way he can take credit for the original grass feds- ShorthornxGalloway and Shorthorn x Highlanders Id use Double Stuff-he was not a little pud at all-and if the Highlander was clean-You might have 0 defects next generation plus he was very good natured and so were the calves we had O0