Hats off to Jirl Buck and other tidbits!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gypsy

Joe Boy -

I sure share your dilemma!  I am concerned that the Maine-Anjou breed that I like so well is about to lose the opportunity to be accepted by the commercial cowman as a breed that will put extra pounds and muscle on their calves and money into their pockets!  Instead the AMAA appears content to "maintain" (get it?)  and embellish their reputation as nothing but a show breed - concerned about NOTHING but their appearance in the ring.  If members of the AMAA board have animals that have MULTIPLE offspring that are PHA carriers but do not list the parent of the carriers on the PHA carrier list what does that tell you about their feelings about the breed and the other breeders (AMAA membership) versus their own "success" and financial welfare?  Buyer beware?  You snooze, you lose? 

Personally,  I'm a lot more comfortable  going with the golden rule....do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.....  which translates to me, tell every one of my buyers about PHA, educate them and get to a PHA free herd ASAP!  I'm hoping for the best, doing my best and really, really praying that I don't have to switch to breeding Corrientes or something even worse (like Alpacas or Beefpacas) because a few breeders are hell bent on ruining the Maine breed for the rest of us while they win the shows at any cost.  Sorry, this may be too blunt, but I am really, really sick of the cover-up  going on, and like the quote above  says about the pig....     

DL

The Golden Chalice Award for excellence in communication, honesty and integrity goes to Gypsy

The Quote of the Year as well as the Portrait of the Year goes to our LawDawg and his tastefully dressed pig

The Most Controversial Post Award goes to Jen for Lautner catalog (on another channel)

The Gentleman of the Board Award is a3-way  tie between ELBEE,  OH Breeder, and Joe Boy

The Hot Ticket Kid Award goes is also a tie between  SJ89 and NYer

The best hockey team goes to the BFLO Sabres

The Bluntness and Pit Bull Awards will not be given this year - too much competition, too many good candidates!

The Slime at the Bottom of the Toilet Bowl Award will also not be given - too many candidates!

The MPP Award (most posts pulled (on another channel) for rational posts award)  goes to justme (and no one knows why?)

The Perpetual Post Award goes to Austin and the  word game ....

And finally the Multicolored Beefpaca Award for effort above and beyond the call of duty goes to our
red!

If you would like to nominate someone for some award - send in a Geo Bush penny and a nomination form (or just email me! ;D)

red

DL- that may go down in the hall of fame as for classics as one of the best & funniest posts!!!!
Too bad I don't have my acceptance speech written!

Great job!!!! (welcome)

Red

justme

well....I'm humbled lol :eek:  Thank you very much for the award.  I would like to thank my good friend Red for all her support, my past and future customers, my girls out in the pasture, and last but not least Janet and Becky from the other boards who made this award possible for me! lol

To all my followers I have two words "BLING BAG"  no explination is following (clapping)

Latest posts