Heat Wave

Help Support Steer Planet:

STEERJOCK21L

I know he is a popular bull and I have showed a couple,but what type of cows does he work best on. Also what kind of cows doesn't he work on.
Monopoly and a couple of other bulls are heatwave x angus what type of angus cows does he work on.

P.S. i heard Ali is not producing is this true?

Show Heifer

Just a gentle reminder....Heatwave is a carrier, so IF you  use him, use him on clean cows.

I also heard earlier Ali wasn't producing, but also haven't heard of anyone not having semen on him, so.....

knabe

this is just opinion, but i think he should be used on flatter muscled cows, not light muslced mind you, as he seems to throw puffy muscles.  for me, it's kinda gross.  perhaps some midas influence type maines or simmy, as they seem high flanked for some reason on some of them.  he seems to fill up the twist area, so again, dont' use him on something that is already full there or you'll get a stiff walker whose wide to a fault.  angus, hmm, a little more angular same as above comments.  i haven't seen any where someone tried him on a occ legend type cow.  man, i think that cross would look like a d-10 cat coming at you.  cows should also have some stride in them and be able to walk in their tracks cause if he's used on a short strider, and combined with his muscle and fat, it would be hard pressed to see him look good moving.  but who knows, they have a look, and they keep winning.  i would like to see some heatwave train wrecks so we can compare the diversity he throws.  again, who knows, he's probably bred to better cows in the first place, so maybe the diversity is low. even at the western bonanza, there were quite a few heatwaves, even heifers, and i kinda felt sorry for them the way they moved.  their owners were impressed though.

JSchroeder

I can vouch for the idea that his diversity isn't low by any means.  He's sired both the very best and the worst calves I've seen in the past two years.