Heat Waves Brother Opinions Piic

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

What do you think of Heat Waves full brother? Has anyone seen him in person?

Attachments

• 2Red Bull bro to HW.jpg
    2Red Bull bro to HW.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 900

Rusty

Dont bother using him mine as well us the original.

Dont be fooled, ordering semen on hw1 or hw6 is no different then ordering the original. I have even heard that when people order HEAT WAVE they get semen from Heat wave 6.

OH Breeder

Rusty said:

Dont be fooled, ordering semen on hw1 or hw6 is no different then ordering the original. I have even heard that when people order HEAT WAVE they get semen from Heat wave 6.

Don't bother using him...mine? Explain

OH Breeder

Rusty said:

I really like All About you and I have never had luck with Heat Seeker. Never know.

Rusty

Ok the genetics is just the same, It is no different on the clones. His full brother is something to try, his DNA will be slitly different, maybe for good! that would be insane!

CAB

OB, I really like the bull. If you remember a post asking about whether or not a full sib that was red would have the same chance throwing black calves as the black ones, I was referring to Red Bull. I like Max Fawly(SP, also the guy that I referred to as a good guy), also, so I would like my money to go his way. You're not getting Wave #6 semen. He's not freezing yet, from Lautner's mouth.

OH Breeder

CAB said:
OB, I really like the bull. If you remember a post asking about whether or not a full sib that was red would have the same chance throwing black calves as the black ones, I was referring to Red Bull. I like Max Fawly(SP, also the guy that I referred to as a good guy), also, so I would like my money to go his way. You're not getting Wave #6 semen. He's not freezing yet, from Lautner's mouth.

I am tempted to try him because he is red and I like the female side of his genetics. Thanks CAB.

Telos

OB, I think he is definitely worth trying especially for show steers. I like his dark red color.

Jill

I love Heat Wave, not a question there, but I can tell you that a full brother is in no way shape of form the same as breeding to the original.  I have 3 little boys that all have the same DNA, they have different hair color, different builds, WAY different personalities, full brother does not translate to the same animal.
I wouldn't use him because he is red, but if you like him go for it.

GONEWEST

A friend in IN has seen this bull and loves him. But for a red bull, the Buckcherry of Sinclair's is hard to beat.

OH Breeder

Jill said:
I love Heat Wave, not a question there, but I can tell you that a full brother is in no way shape of form the same as breeding to the original.  I have 3 little boys that all have the same DNA, they have different hair color, different builds, WAY different personalities, full brother does not translate to the same animal.
I wouldn't use him because he is red, but if you like him go for it.

I understand all of that. I think it is interesting it has taken this long to get a full brother out there on the market.
Being a Shorty person I would use him becz he is RED! Curious to see how he work on some cows.

CAB

OB, there are quite a few full sibs to HW out there. Sometime give Max Fawley a call. He's very nice and a n old shoe type of personality. Wave Runner is one that has had some success, owned by Caldwell's & partners, to name just one. There are a lot more. Someone else bought a package of 3 full sibs. Max can tell you. I like Red bull mostly B/C of how that front end is in there. I think he longer sided than Buck Cherry. Ohio Breeder, please use him then let us all know!!! LOL.

OH Breeder

CAB said:
OB, there are quite a few full sibs to HW out there. Sometime give Max Fawley a call. He's very nice and a n old shoe type of personality. Wave Runner is one that has had some success, owned by Caldwell's & partners, to name just one. There are a lot more. Someone else bought a package of 3 full sibs. Max can tell you. I like Red bull mostly B/C of how that front end is in there. I think he longer sided than Buck Cherry. Ohio Breeder, please use him then let us all know!!! LOL.

THANKS CAB. let me be the guinea pig. Never know. I guess I didn't realize there were that many full sibs floating around. Guess you just hear so much about Heat Wave.
How did wave runniers calves do or does anyone know?

marsh

I saw this bull a few weeks ago and he is one of the best bulls I have seen.  I have been to Denver numerous times, OBE annually, and Hawkey quite a few times so I have seen some bulls including heat wave.  This bull has very few holes if any in him other than being red.  I have never used heat wave due to calving nightmares and being too terminal for me, but I may give this bull a shot down the road due to liking him so much.

OH Breeder

marsh said:
I saw this bull a few weeks ago and he is one of the best bulls I have seen.  I have been to Denver numerous times, OBE annually, and Hawkey quite a few times so I have seen some bulls including heat wave.  This bull has very few holes if any in him other than being red.   I have never used heat wave due to calving nightmares and being too terminal for me, but I may give this bull a shot down the road due to liking him so much.

In our part of the country RED is NOT an issue. Our state fair champs have been multicolored. I am glad to hear someone seen him. I may order him for a club spin on some of my shorthorn cows for steers.

GONEWEST

CAB i think you're right on the length, however in todays show steers, length is not your friend.

CAB

OB, I just may have to try 1/2 rack of Red bull with you. I'm still waiting to see some of last years matings B4 I decide. Right now though if I decide to breed HW, it'll be Wave 6 or Red bull. I'll still take length of body if the calves can support it, meaning no weak topped cattle. When it get close in the drive how many times do you hear, the steer has an extra rib is why he has to be up a notch?