heifer(pictures)

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

what do you guys think of this september heifer??

IMG_7564.jpg

IMG_7549.JPG

i have a cople others i will post later on

shortyjock89

I like her...I saw that you posted pics of her on another board and some people said she looked like a steer.  I think she just looks like a thick little heifer.  Throw a neck sweat on her and put her under some fans, and then have some fun with her this fall and next year.  If you don't buy her, tell me where she is so I can lol!

shortyjock89

I love red Maines...she looks like she'll make a good cow, and if you were to work on that hair, she could be a good show heifer too.

DL

I'm with you SJ - I love R&W Maines - pigguy tell me about her...

pigguy

Sire:  DJ H214 (Full Brother to Reflector)
Dam: Bullistics (Full Brother to Power Plant) Daughter
Registered 3/4 Maine.

do you know where i can find the bull "POWER PLUS"

Jill

The Sept heifer has some neck and brisket, but other than that she is really nice, really thick and it looks like she is smooth sholdered, nice hair.  Good luck with her.  Breed the red heifer to something sound, she looks to be rather straight off those rear wheels.

pigguy

yes this is another one. the guy has embroys off this red maine to the bull Power Plus.. the guy also has embroys from the mainetainer heirs mom to a bull that is a little better then her dad. 

gocanes719

Honestly, I think both heifers are middle of the road cattle.  The Red mainer is a structural nightmare.  Way to straight on both ends.  You can see the swelling on the inside of her hocks from the picture.  I couldn't imagine her walking any distance on her own to reach water for any extended amount of time.  The black heifer is big bodied and thick but she has too much front, too much navel and she may do you some good at a jackpot haired up but she will get nailed at a breeding cattle show of any caliber.  I would much rather have the black heifer over the red heifer on structure alone. He has the black heifer maxed out on the rear shot picture.  I don't think she could look any better. 

DL

pigguy said:
yes this is another one. the guy has embroys off this red maine to the bull Power Plus.. the guy also has embroys from the mainetainer heirs mom to a bull that is a little better then her dad. 

If you are talking about BK Power Plus he is a PHA carrier. Gotta agree with Jill and gocanes the red heifer is really straight - there are tons of really good embryos out there - don't settle. I personally don't like the black heifer - she looks too androgenous for my tastes.

Bullistic although a Power Plant full brother never really made an impact like Power Plant did - as much as I like R&W Maines those are really old genetics and sort of second shelf - ie full brothers to 2 very popular and good producing bulls...

pigguy

what are some of the newer amine genetics then?? i like maines alot. and what are some websites with maines heifer/cows, and embroys for sale??

DLD

I'm sure DL was referring to that Bullistic is a full brother to Power Plant. He was a black stocking legged bull - I think I've still got a little semen on him. If my memory serves me correctly, there were many full sibs produced in the attempt to replicate Power Plant, but he was the only solid black bull produced from that mating - I believe I still have some Bullistic semen...

As to the heifers, I like the black one alright - just a little plain fronted. As for the red one... run away - far, far away. As others have already said, she's way too straight off both ends. She'll never make a cow, if the picture accurately shows her structure.

farmboy

Bullistic, Okay, I thought that was a reference to Bull- istic characteristics. Semen is available from some of those sibs, i didnt know that much...I can consider my self smarter http://www.showcattlepage.com/dejong/accomplishments.htm (bottom of page

Karma point to who can tell me Full Throttles lesser brother

I really like the heifer pictured

SKF

love her ,love her , love her, nice built  heifer I would like to clean the neck
but theres no perfect cow  :eek: :) :) :) 
Victoria

xkrushx

She is steery looking and a little brisk in her front third but good all around heifer...