HELP!!!!!!!!! I've Got a topic,The COOL Program, but what do you think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LittleHeifer

I really need some help. I am doing prepared public speaking for FFA  <cowboy>and I can not think of any topics ???. This must be a topic that is debatable  (argue) and can cover a 6-8 minute speech. (clapping)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ;D (thumbsup)
Thank You
Little Heifer (angel)
Ok everyone I've finally found a topic  (clapping) that hits close to home. The COOL Program. so what are your opinions of it? can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. You guys have been amazing in helping me find a topic so I really hope that I get to hear all of your opinions. Its nice to hear what other Livestock producers think of programs like these.  <cowboy>
All of your help is much more appreciated than you know.
Thank you Dori36, I hadn't even thought of the COOL program. as soon as I read your reply I knew that it was what I wanted to do. Everyone else, thank you I can use those topics in my extempt book since we never know what topic we will pull from that hat its nice to have a multitude of topics in our books. I can always use topic ideas for my extempt book so if you guys have any ideas feel free to post them PLEASE. All help is soooooooooo very much appreciated. THANK YOU EVERYONE! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!  <beer>
Little Heifer  (angel)

Show Heifer

As an educator I can only shake my head and say "THINK. Think of what you are passionate about and USE THAT." 

jbzdad

how do you feel about beef cloning? horse slaughter?genetic improvement (modification ) of crops, corn price changes and ethanol, ethanol fueled autos?

knabe

here's a poem from phil stadtler's book "i made a lot of tracks"

"and then"

ten little packing plants, managing fine,
bonding came in, and the there were nine.

nine little packing plants, one broken gate,
OSHA reacted, and then there were eight.

eight litte packing plants oppose HR311,
but it passed in the house, then there were seven.

seven little packing plants, out in the sticks, increased freight rates, there there wer six.

six little packing plants thought they could survive,
but unions called a strike, and then there were five.

five little packing plants killing "choice" galore,
graders tightened up, and then there were four.

four little packing plants, class action spree,
lawyers got rich, ow plants number three.

three little packing plants, bankers won't renew,
they demand their money, now there are two.

two little packing plants, but look what was done-
a feeder-packer contract with only one.

one HUGE packing plant, surely you can see,
the one in the future is I B P!

he had some interesting comments on the USDA making it possible to feed cattle on corn and then the NIH funding research to study heart disease.

shorthorn boy

I have done prepared public speaking for the past two years I FFA and I love it, but this year will be my last :'(. A couple excellent topics for this contest would Organic Farming vs. Non-Organic Farming or about the importance of Ag-Education in schools. Just some I ideas if i think of anymore I will let you know. Good Luck! (thumbsup)

LittleHeifer

(clapping)Thankyou all of you.Yes I have competed for several years and this is my last year :'(. I did cloning last year and i have done NAIS. I can usualy think of great topics but this year nothing has come to me.Youll all have given me some great topics. One that has really struck me is Ag in schools. any help on how to make that debatable? and any more topics? allhelp is very much appreciated. I really want something that will blow everyone away and something that really effects everyone. this is my last chance with prepared speaking. Im really gonna miss it after this year.Thank you all once again. all of your help is VERY much appreciated!!!!
Little heifer (angel)

Simmimom

My eldest daughter did illegal immigration and the horselaughter issue.  My other daughter did steroid use in race horses last year. 
Good luck.

3HFarms

;DThank you all. Keep sending the ideas, please?! Even if I dont use them for prepared I can use them as topics in my extempt notebook. You are all amazing! Thank you!!!!!!!!!! <beer>
Little Heifer (angel)

dori36

3HFarms said:
;DThank you all. Keep sending the ideas, please?! Even if I dont use them for prepared I can use them as topics in my extempt notebook. You are all amazing! Thank you!!!!!!!!!! <beer>
Little Heifer (angel)

You may also want to revisit the whole COOL issue.  Why are the packers SO opposed to it and why was it SO difficult to get through congress?  The  American public deserves to know where their food/meat is born, raised, and slaughtered.  And why is the actual label, now that it's finally in force, SO tiny that one has to search to even find it on meat?  Debate sides could be pro:  deserving to know what we're eating and where it has been, difference in regs and rules regarding methods of raising between the countries.  Con:  Well, actually I can't think of a valid reason to have opposed it but the spin had to do with unfairness to NAFTA countries, too expensive to implement, no one eats enough beef to care, blah, blah!  And, of course, it isn't just beef. Go for it!

LittleHeifer

dori36 said:
3HFarms said:
Little Heifer (angel)

You may also want to revisit the whole COOL issue.  Why are the packers SO opposed to it and why was it SO difficult to get through congress?  The  American public deserves to know where their food/meat is born, raised, and slaughtered.  And why is the actual label, now that it's finally in force, SO tiny that one has to search to even find it on meat?  Debate sides could be pro:  deserving to know what we're eating and where it has been, difference in regs and rules regarding methods of raising between the countries.  Con:  Well, actually I can't think of a valid reason to have opposed it but the spin had to do with unfairness to NAFTA countries, too expensive to implement, no one eats enough beef to care, blah, blah!  And, of course, it isn't just beef. Go for it!
Thanks dori36,
Ive never done alot of research on the COOL program but we've had to fill out the paperwork on that for our county fairs. I agree that it is good but I know lots of people dont like it. I think that im gonna go with that because it would make a good speech and it effects everyone of us livestock breeders. so now that i have a topic could you guys let me know what you think about it? good, bad, improvements ect. everyones help is very much appreciated.

LittleHeifer

simtal said:
Topic:

How the liberal media destroy's agriculture (H1N1, Recent Time Article, etc..)
Thankyou Simtal I will definately have to work that into my speech.
I will post my speech when I finish it.

dori36

LittleHeifer said:
I really need some help. I am doing prepared public speaking for FFA  <cowboy>and I can not think of any topics ???. This must be a topic that is debatable  (argue) and can cover a 6-8 minute speech. (clapping)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ;D (thumbsup)
Thank You
Little Heifer (angel)
Ok everyone I've finally found a topic  (clapping) that hits close to home. The COOL Program. so what are your opinions of it? can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. You guys have been amazing in helping me find a topic so I really hope that I get to hear all of your opinions. Its nice to hear what other Livestock producers think of programs like these.  <cowboy>
All of your help is much more appreciated than you know.
Thank you Dori36, I hadn't even thought of the COOL program. as soon as I read your reply I knew that it was what I wanted to do. Everyone else, thank you I can use those topics in my extempt book since we never know what topic we will pull from that hat its nice to have a multitude of topics in our books. I can always use topic ideas for my extempt book so if you guys have any ideas feel free to post them PLEASE. All help is soooooooooo very much appreciated. THANK YOU EVERYONE! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!  <beer>
Little Heifer  (angel)

Glad I could help!  There's lots to talk about/debate on COOL.  Good luck!!  (clapping)

LittleHeifer

Thanks again. it is so very much appreciated.  <cowboy>  Planeteers are some of the most amazing people I've ever met.  (thumbsup) Thank you all for all of the help. and let me know what you think about the COOL program including what the media has done on it, ect. I dont really know that much on it  ??? past what dori36 has said on it and what I was told when they told us to fill out paperwork. so any help there would be appreciated.
thanks again
Little heifer  (angel)
p.s. I hope I'm not coming off as rude or pushy. Sorry if I am. I get really excited when I do any type of speaking I LOVE IT!  <party>  and now that I have a topic Im even more excited, so yeah. Thanks for all the help.TL!!!!!!!

LittleHeifer

Hi everyone I just thought I'd thank everyone again. I'm having alot of fun writing my speech and putting my book together. Thank you all so much.
Little Heifer  (angel)

dori36

LittleHeifer said:
Hi everyone I just thought I'd thank everyone again. I'm having alot of fun writing my speech and putting my book together. Thank you all so much.
Little Heifer  (angel)

Nice goin'!  I'd love to see what you put together for the sides in debate form.  It's a large and important topic. 

LittleHeifer

thanks dori. the info is really helpful. I can tell im gonna have alot of research ahead of me. probably even more than last year and I did cloning so thats saying something. oh well im having fun so what does a little research matter. thanks again dori!
Little Heifer  (angel)