Hey Brahma girl!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Hey Brahma girl! Did you fall off the face of the earth?  I miss your stories!
gidget

red

You know, I was just thinking about her myself!
I was looking at halters at Columbus & decided that she needed to be there.
Hope all is well.

Red

brahmergirl

Hello guys and gals!  Yes I have missed you!  It has been crazzzzzzy here!  I am very busy with orders and as some of you know I took a new job two months ago.  It has gotten kind of crazy and never expected it to be like that, having problems with a coworker.  We finally got someone to come and put in the property dividing 1/2 mile of fence that we have been waiting for since September and it was a disaster!  The guys were great and would highly recommend them, but the water district mismarked our water lines, by 4 feet!  Yup!  the fence guy drilled right in the middle of it to put a 6 inch post in.  Needless to say, the Canadian Honkers were taking up living quarters on our pasture the next day.  The water guy said it was our fault, we moved the flags.  Go figure!  It was a disaster!  Then I have been on spring break and haven't gotten one thing accomplished that I was supposed to do!

Yesterday, my son and I went to a goat seminar and now,  he wants a goat to show!  I tried to explain how we will look like the Beverly Hill billies going to the fair but he doesn't care.  He has two quarter horses, two head of brahmas, a bucket calf, two pigs, a goat and 6 chickens.  I don't know if I can do it all.  That's a lot of mucking! 

We are working today to install more electric and lights in my chicken house!  Yeah!!!!  I raise silkie chickens and they are really taking off!  I haven't fallen off the face of the planet but i sure fall off fast to sleep at night!  I'm exhausted when I get in!

I hope you all are taking care and when I get chance tonight, I'll catch up on all of the missed posts! 

But for now remember, when life gives you lemons...

...Make Lemonade!

Brahmergirl!!! ;D

red

(clapping)

Glad your OK! We were worried about you!
You & "justme" me to get your zoo's together. I think she has all the above too plus the goats!

Red

brahmergirl

MVC-027F.jpg

Here's a picture of our poor pathetic brahma's stranded on an island in our pasture.  They crossed the creek before the rains, laid down in a low spot then the water circled around them, stranding them on this "island" with no food.  It wasn't pretty, about 30+feet wide, over 8 feet deep and rolling!  About 100 yds away, a steel pipe fence across the creek downstream.  I couldn't stay and watch them swim it!  We came home one friday and found them like this. 
MVC-028F.jpg

It was about dinnertime and believe you me, they do not miss a meal.  It was like a  line of 5 year olds at their first swimming lesson.  I swear they all held tails and said on the count of three, we all jump in. 

MVC-026F.jpg

They kept shoving the young heifer out in the water and I'm not too sure if they were punishing her for leading them to the island or if she was the guinea and they were like "push the young'en out there and if she makes it, we'll all go!"

Hope you all are ok, I miss being able to chat but no time.  It is show season and everybody wants their halters now!!! I don't blame them either!!! 

Take care!  Maybe I'll see you at a show!

Brahmergirl

red

Loved the pictures! your place looks like our most of the time lately!
Glad all OK. we miss you but keep chuggin along!!!

Red (clapping)