Highlander Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

MLivestock

Looking to see if anyone has had any calves out of the Highlander bull Lautner has in his line-up? Birth Weights & Ease of Calving would be much appreciated. Pictures would be even better of his offspring.

Thanks

Mainevent

I actually had one out of a Heatwave heifer. She came real easy right around 60-65 pounds and smooth. Looking at the heifer I got maybe would need to breed him to something with absolutely no shoulder as the heifer has a lot of shoulder. She has tons and tons and TONS of hair, moderate muscled but with all the hair you could make her look as big as you wanted. I have some young pictures of the calf I'll post as well. Hope this helps! The first is her at State Fair of Texas in October last year, the next is her in December getting ready to go to Winter Classic show in Stillwater, OK, the last one is one in the dead heat of Texas Summer in July had only been in the barn about a month and kinda shows how much hair she had.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 307

Bi-Lane Livestock

We have one cow out of him Highlander x Friction....she did have to be pulled but came our of a small heifer.  All reports I've heard is he is gennerally fine on calving ease.  She is a really good cow, super milker and has generated two great calves in her two years, she is currently bred to MAB for her third calf.  She is a little different than the previous post as she is super feminine, smooth shouldered but could use a little more power.  Hear is a picture of the Highlander as a heifer and then her two calves from the last two years.  He will sure throw hair and look, she is a great cow.

Attachments

• B. Sug heifer.jpg
    B. Sug heifer.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Grizzly x Highlander sm.JPG
    Grizzly x Highlander sm.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Troub x Highlander sm.JPG
    Troub x Highlander sm.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 196

Mainevent

With my experiences with that cow, was if breed him to a framey, real smooth shouldered, little straighter cows. I will post a pic of that heifer when I get back to my computer.

Attachments

• Itty Cow Pic copy.jpg
    Itty Cow Pic copy.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 208