Hired Man... Anyone seen his calves?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

My friend asked me today what I thought of the bull Hired Man, bred by Sullivans. Told him I would ask on Steer Planet. Has Anyone seen or heard of calving reports? He is TH and PHA free and looked pretty nice on the video at Trausch's website.

yuppiecowboy

2nd hand report here, there are some good ones. If i may paraphrase "shockingly smooth" I dont know if you saw the bull in person, but his thickness was never in question. It was a matter if they were going to run a "buy ten units get calfjack half-off" sale. As big as the butt was, those shoulders looked like you would be trying to pull a frozen CIDR through a donut hole. As flayed out as he looked, I have heard more trainwrecks out of ALI (3) than Hm (0) from boys who used them equally. (I realize ALI was heifers and HM was cows but you get my point).

Word is if you need a monster bumper, he can do it and doesnt seem to be the vets nightmare he looked like he would be.

Telos

Yuppiecowboy - I have heard some good things through the grapevine too. Heard he can really thicken a cow up. An A.I. Tech in Iowa (seen Considerable offspring) recommends him to really work on Angus type cows that need more bone, thickness and hair. Understand he can throw baldies from Angus cows also. It sounds like he might be one to watch and see how his calves come on. Those shoulders were somewhat of a turn-off when he was pictured candidly here on SP, but as they say, you got to have an engine to pull the caboose.

showsteer09

There was a young guy threw central Ohio a month ago going around and looking at calves.. He worked at Trausch Farms... He said that they are cool not really big I asked"Well are they big as shouldered as Pl are scared about" he said " no they are really cool  and come out pretty easy" that was he said bought 10 straws of it going to hit some calls up......

Latest posts