Hired man ~~~~~~ Monopoly

Help Support Steer Planet:

zak

What type of cows do these bulls work on? I have a cow that needs some more bone and a squarer hip and and some more depth in her flank. What do you think will work?

Zak

shortyjock89

Hired Man will do all those things usually. How much frame does the cow have? He will usually make them anywhere from moderate to a bit small if used on an already moderate cow. 

If you can afford it or already have it, Monopoly will make them deeper, but probably won't add as much bone.

BCCC

I have seen some monopoly's that are not very square in their hip and he won't a lot of bone either

zak

Will hired man add bone? And is there anyother bulls out there I am missing??

TWR

Sunseeker will add bone, Monopoly will add depth of flank and a square hip, Heatwave will do all 3.  Haven't used Hired Man so can't comment on him.

zak

She is a moderate framed cow. I wpuld like to use heat wave but i am kinda scared to use him on this cow. It will be her second calf but she will be four years old. She was left open as a yearling and this past year by mistake.

Zak

OhShOwEr

we have 2 monopolys... both are toooo round out of totally different cows ?  However he really put some depth in them.

KMJCC

The monopolys that I have seen they have a lot of body to them but not much else.  They look like they would feed out well but not in a real showy package.

zak

Whats all the hype over him for? What does he work on?

Zak

dan m

I have 12 Monopolies and they come really chubby but not big boned, kinda disappointed for all the talk about him, Hired mans in the past have added hair and bone, but for depth of flank... ok.  Sunseeker calves look really good as babies. Try heat seeker, his calves are preety good

mooch

The Heatseeker suggestion is a good one if she is moderate frame. Get the hair , hip and bone at a more reasonable priced option than the Heatwave.

zak

I have heat wave 5 semen aviable. I am just nervous about using him on her. Is heat seeker bw smaller than heat wave? And if you had your choice which bull could do the most I am looking for?

Zak

dan m

heat seekers in past years have come around 80 plus lbs. They are good although he is no 65 a straw. I like him better than heat wave personally. they get up quiker, not as tramatizing births as some of the heat waves that I have seen. I like that aspect of him

Alpha

zak said:
What type of cows do these bulls work on? I have a cow that needs some more bone and a squarer hip and and some more depth in her flank. What do you think will work?

Zak

i was going to say My Turn will give you more bone and square hip but i dont think he will add any depth to the flank but he also dont take any away

WFCC

i am dissappointed in our monopoly calves. got three calves and all three are totally different.  2 out of the 3 are junk.  and 2 out of the 3 are crippled.  i am way more impressed with the carnacs.  they have a huge square hip with good bone and good rib and flank! i wouldnt use hired man to add rib or flank, he can be course and big

Jill

I guess I'm like the question above, if no one likes their Monopoly calves why is he so expensive? 

muleman

My best calf is a monopoly out of a thick made meyer 734 granddaughter and the other one is just average but not a throwaway. Both cows are sound and don't have clubby blood lines. I have some Carnacs and like them but like the monopolies betterright now. The cow is half the equation.

dan m

not sure why monopoly is so expensive.... nice calves but there is a lot of bulls out there. What about walk alone. He is going to be a bull I am going to use a lot of. Does any one have any calves out of him or pics?