Holiday Classic Sale in Zanesville, OH

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

I asked this question about a week ago with nearly no response lol. I like 14 a lot. also lot 5 and 6. I will be there

rkmn

Don't know if I will be able to go, but I sure enjoy going thru the catalog. Seems like a couple of the registered Angus breds would be a nice fit for me. Also a Tryon open on the last page got my interest. Maybe not a lot of muscle but sweet on the side profile.

zak

To me  the quality is down this year. The lot 1 is special!!

Zak

vet tech

zak said:
To me  the quality is down this year. The lot 1 is special!!

Zak
This year the sale is cut in half, half the lots. Zak are you heading to the sale?

firesweepranch

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
I asked this question about a week ago with nearly no response lol. I like 14 a lot. also lot 5 and 6. I will be there
14 went for $19,000
6 went for $2200
There was no price listed for 5, so might have been scratched (got the numbers from Live Auctions)

showsteerdlux

5 lost her pregnancy, so there was a 5x that had a HW out of the same dam instead of the Walks Alone mating. Remember her selling, but don't remember price. I have a good many written down so if you need any specific ones let me know.

frostback

Dont remember what lot but she was a Steel Force bred heifer. Also there was a red smoke, a Alias I think.

showsteerdlux

If the Alias you are talking bout is the bred, lot 55, she went for $7750. The Steel Force was lot 38 and she went for $5750. Do those lots sound right?

frostback

Ya I think so, I think my cataloge went to work with the hubby so not sure. lol
Was there not a real hairy open red smoke near the back. May have been a different sale. 

showsteerdlux

Yes she was a Yellow Jacket, sold half with the option to double. The guy took half for around 6,000. I can't remember the exact price but somewhere right around there.

NBL

I tried to look up the semen prices at liveauctions.tv, but they do not make sense.  Does anyone know what the heatwave, anchor, and carneyman brought per straw, avg?  Thanks.

vet tech

showsteernc said:
5 lost her pregnancy, so there was a 5x that had a HW out of the same dam instead of the Walks Alone mating. Remember her selling, but don't remember price. I have a good many written down so if you need any specific ones let me know.
The lot 5 recip aborted just before sale time. the mating was a Walks Alone x throg 5M donor. That lot was the reason i went to the sale. Just my luck haha. But the replaced lot was a full sib the the 2009 Grand champion steer and 2007 reserve grand champion steer in Denver. It was a HW x 7063. Donor cow for Mimms and Sharp. unsexed