Home Brew! Our own recipes for show supplies.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Most of us are in the middle of the rinse, brush, put the calves in cold darkness phase of the summer!  What is your favorite home made mix for conditioning or for hair pop.?

I used to use 1 part bay rum, 1 part sheen, 1 part rose oil.  I cannot get rose oil any longer....bummer.  I may experiment with rag oil instead. 

What is your favorite concoction?

chambero

We used to use some concoction that had alum and clove oil.  It would take the curl out of hair.  We only used it in winter though. 

shortyjock89

We use a mix of Double Dip, Kleen Sheen and Vinegar.  We also use Revive once a day and use a wash in conditioner a couple times a week.  We used to use a mix of Rag Oil and Zoom Bloom, but I think the new mix works better.  We also don't just let the calves dry under fans.  We like to get them about halfway dry first, so that the hair doesn't do crazy things, especially on the calves with alot of hair.  Also, I find that spray in conditioners work better when brushed in and then having the calf blown out.

red

In the winter I use a mixture that has Kleen Seen, rag oil & ligament in it. Really gets the dirt out on the -0 days.

Red

NHR

Cowz,

You can still get Rose Oil just not thru Sullivans. Try Hamm's show supply in Texas. Their Rose Oil has a little "rag oil" in it. It is good stuff. I dont have their phone number right now but i can get it next week.

ROAD WARRIOR

Posted this on an earlier post but here it is again. olive oil, alchohol, infusium 23 leave in conditioner and a little armourall. Makes the hair pop, gives it a super shine and relieves dander.

ROAD WARRIOR

SRU - for winter shows I mix equal parts of each ingredient. For summer shows I cut the olive oil down by about 1/3 and add more alcohol as the extra oil will be too heavy and hold the heat in. If your in a cooler it probably doesn't matter.

Auburnviewfarms

I know this is old but could you sub half the alcohol for distilled water?? Seems the alcohol contradicts the hydrating proponents of the conditioner and oil. ??? Or any other good recipes?