Hoof Rot Prevention

Help Support Steer Planet:

dimebag

I've been battling hoof rot this year , almost all of my cattle and now the calves are getting it . it's been a wet year for us (pleased with that) , have used la200 on the cows and it works to clear it up .
I've filled around the water troughs and have been told to try Iodine salt blocks , any vaccinations that may prevent this ?

DSCSD

We use Fous Guard .... ill have to go to the tack room to find out who makes it for you....its a shot you give 2 times... we use give it to all our sale and herd bulls and it seems to do the trick year after year!

JDP

Our feed salesman told us to put zinpro in our mineral to help prevent hoof rot. I put a coffee can in with a 50 lbs bag. I think you can also special order mineral with zinpro already added.

diamonddls

Mineral can be a big help. If your needing it under control in a hurry try a foot bath with an anti fungal around the water tank or mineral feeder that cows need to walk through. Virkon works well I'm some of the dairy herds I've spoken to in the past

dimebag

I will be using Fusogard on my cattle and hopefully get the hoof rot cleared up , thanks again for all of the help . I also put out some Iodine type salt blocks .