Hoosier Hot Shot

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

I was just wondering what the calves out of hoosier hot shot are like, and what kind of cows his daughters make. Anything will be great, Thanks!

shortyjock89

Showed a heifer out of him. Won my class at IL State Fair, won LOTS of breed championships with her.  She had a heifer calf this year by Perfect Timing, and did a great job with her.  She's moderate framed, easy EASY fleshing, and just an all around good cow.  We're flushing her next year.  Here's a picture of her calf....sorry for the background, the sun was going down, and we wanted a pic that day.  Just FYI, the calf has already been named res. breed champion in her only show.

100_0770.jpg

shortyjock89

Just wanted to add that he is also one of the best looking mature bulls I have seen, he puts a lot of these other clubby bulls to shame in terms of soundness and actual fleshing ability and thickness without being all haired up.

CAB

I think that Hot Shot will make it into the sleeper bull thread. We used him some this breeding season. Vaughn's are great PPL to deal with and to talk cattle with. Cab

shortyjock89

You got that right, Brent.  Jerry has taught me more about club calves than any other one person.  Our first two donor cows came from him as show heifers. 

What did you breed to him?  He works really well on Irish Whiskey cows and Shorthorn females (I think that the GS Touche line works best, but that's just me).

CAB

Justin, we used him on cows that we thought needed more extension and maternal added to them. I only bred a 1/2 rack, but as you know I had been watching him for a couple of years and do think that he could be a big sleeper bull. We'll see if it works out or if he'll be another bull that I should have left alone. I'm hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised. As of right now. they're perfect. LOL., as are all of my matings. Too bad I have to calve'em out. Brent