Houston stock show and rodeo canceled???

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gargan

Gotta be kidding me..
https://pulse.sullivansupply.com/houston-livestock-show-rodeo-cancelled/

jconner2088

Trust me it sucks. Had a steer going next week that was looking pretty good with that being his last stop now just gonna have to eat him.  That is if they dont get something figured out by next week 

cbcr

Someone told me this evening that everything is cancelled for the next week and the facilities will be empty.  After the 7 days, they are going to re-evaluate the situation and see what their next move may be.

With this being the the last show for many steers, this has to be devastating for those exhibitors.

idalee

What is really tragic is the willingness of the American public to buy into the panic which is politically driven and enhanced and promoted by a complicit media.  Covid-19 started,  we are told,  in the city of Wuhan in the province of Hebei,  China.  Wuhan has a population of 3.9 million and Hebei Province has a population of 75 million.  There has been a total number of cases in the entire country of China of about 81,000.  This, in a country with total population of 1.4 billion.  This hardly represents an explosive outbreak!  Far less in terms of  percentage infected than our seasonal influenza which we all take for granted as a part of life.    To date,  as of 3-11-20,  there are 1215 confirmed cases in the
United States with a total population of 330 million.  This is just the latest iteration of "chicken little".

Gargan

idalee said:
What is really tragic is the willingness of the American public to buy into the panic which is politically driven and enhanced and promoted by a complicit media.  Covid-19 started,  we are told,  in the city of Wuhan in the province of Hebei,  China.  Wuhan has a population of 3.9 million and Hebei Province has a population of 75 million.  There has been a total number of cases in the entire country of China of about 81,000.  This, in a country with total population of 1.4 billion.  This hardly represents an explosive outbreak!  Far less in terms of  percentage infected than our seasonal influenza which we all take for granted as a part of life.    To date,  as of 3-11-20,  there are 1215 confirmed cases in the
United States with a total population of 330 million.  This is just the latest iteration of "chicken little".
Well said. So far the usa cases is a mere fraction of the swine flu outbreak in 2009-10...

mark tenenbaum

Agreed-because its a virus there are basically no immediate vaccines or ways to fight it-But the serverity varies by patient-with many cases being relatively mild compared to the really strong fluxs encountered prior "Everybody "eventually will be exposed-that could be years anyway-not a couple weeks O0

knabe

mark tenenbaum said:
Agreed-because its a virus there are basically no immediate vaccines or ways to fight it-But the serverity varies by patient-with many cases being relatively mild compared to the really strong fluxs encountered prior "Everybody "eventually will be exposed-that could be years anyway-not a couple weeks O0

especially after it mutates next season.

paper item aisles completely empty everywhere.

Tallcool1

idalee said:

I get the math and have seen many comparisons to other outbreaks from out past, Swine Flu being the most common.  What if we had handled the Swine Flu with the level of seriousness that we are handling Covid-19?  Could 10,000 lives have been saved in the US?  Maybe half a million world wide? 

Seems like a small price to pay for human lives.  But hey, that's just me.  We are all free to land as we choose on this issue.  I for one do NOT want to be infected by this ****...whatever it is.

aj

I'm with KNABE. If thousands of cases get out there...….it is more likely to have a chance to mutate...…..and that will be the real killer..…..the next time around.

beebe

It seems like I read about times like these somewhere.  Locusts and plagues.  Oh yea it was called Revelation.

knabe

beebe said:
It seems like I read about times like these somewhere.  Locusts and plagues.  Oh yea it was called Revelation.

also any progressive narrative source re trump. and vice versa.  voters can't seem to resist putting them in office.

knabe

beebe said:
Sometimes voters don't have much to chose from.

it's a self fulfilling prophesy. for instance, i have never voted D or R in my life.

i will write someone in.

for instance, in the last 3 elections for president, i have written myself in.

people just need to stop voting d and r.

their only, and i mean only job is to get elected so they can vote on bills written for them by lobbyists.

none of them have any idea how to write a bill.

Hopster1000

idalee said:

How are you guys managing across the pond now? Europe is basically in lockdown now. I heard New York will have shortages soon?
The figures from China are small in comparison to the population as they went into total lockdown across the country. Apart from food shops and pharmacies, all other shops, factories and businesses closed. People weren't allowed out apart from a single person per house to buy food.
Europe is almost at that point but have done it more gradually.
Are similar measures being introduced in North America?

knabe

future negotiations with china should involve elimination of live markets and a dramatic reduction in traditional medicine involving animal parts for fertility.

it's time to move on from the extinction of animals for fertility with 1.5 billion people.

Medium Rare

knabe said:
future negotiations with china should involve elimination of live markets and a dramatic reduction in traditional medicine involving animal parts for fertility.

it's time to move on from the extinction of animals for fertility with 1.5 billion people.

Their lack of respect for human life and use of near slave labor wasn't reason enough for people to care. I'm afraid once this blows over it'll just take a new iPhone announcement, a few cheap trinkets, a new widget, and them buying a little more pork, sbm, and ddgs for everyone to forget.