In God we trust

Help Support Steer Planet:

neocattleman

What type of cows is he working best on or not working on? What's he add or subtract to his calves? How are his females doing in production? Thanks in advance

CAB

No one really knows how the females will be yet. Not old enough to prove anything concrete.

GoWyo

Need to use him on a good fronted cow.  The few we have had were good sound calves.

Jacob B

From what I have observed he adds a ton of substance and feeding ability to em. Puts some real world beef characteristics into them while still maintaining some show ring look.  I’m getting old and remember good quality beef steers roaming this planet that won some shows. So much work to make that look they want these days. I just don’t appreciate so many of the cattle we see out of most of these clubby deals...I’ll get off my soapbox now

Tallcool1

Jacob B said:
From what I have observed he adds a ton of substance and feeding ability to em. Puts some real world beef characteristics into them while still maintaining some show ring look.  I’m getting old and remember good quality Berger steers roaming this planet that won some shows. So much work to make that look they want these days. I just don’t appreciate so many of the cattle we see out of most of these clubby deals...I’ll get off my soapbox now

I agree with you, but have made an observation the past few days while browsing through the online club calf sales.  The majority of these sales have a few TRUE fat steers on them.  Little droopy behind their shoulder, little bit of throat (not chest), great legged, super loose spine, soft middle.  Just kind of dumpy looking steers with all the right pieces.  You know the type I am talking about...the type that turn into the real deal when they hit about 1,050 pounds. 

neocattleman

Tallcool1 said:
Jacob B said:
From what I have observed he adds a ton of substance and feeding ability to em. Puts some real world beef characteristics into them while still maintaining some show ring look.  I’m getting old and remember good quality Berger steers roaming this planet that won some shows. So much work to make that look they want these days. I just don’t appreciate so many of the cattle we see out of most of these clubby deals...I’ll get off my soapbox now

I agree with you, but have made an observation the past few days while browsing through the online club calf sales.  The majority of these sales have a few TRUE fat steers on them.  Little droopy behind their shoulder, little bit of throat (not chest), great legged, super loose spine, soft middle.  Just kind of dumpy looking steers with all the right pieces.  You know the type I am talking about...the type that turn into the real deal when they hit about 1,050 pounds.

so are you saying that he is throwing what you would call a true fat steer? throwing the type that will do much better at the late shows than the early prospect shows?

Gargan

Agree with Tallcool1, my only knock on them is that most of them will finish out in the 1250 range instead of the 1350 range it takes to get it done nowadays.  Good cattle tho for the most part

Bradenh

Awesome cattle he’s incredibly popular for a reason. They have a hard time sometimes getting big enough but as the guys that win say “it ain’t getting them big enough it’s getting them old enough”