IRS Economic Stimulus Payment....What did you do with yours?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

I bought feed........any sane person would have gone on vacation!

What are you doing with yours?

Jill

We went to 5 shows over memorial day weekend, that pretty much wiped out, no one said any of us were sane! (clapping)

shorthorns r us

My family is one of the lucky six million households to be shorted $600 in the original payment. Combine that with having a SSN than ends in 99 and I just don't think the treasury likes me anymore.

The portion that I received is in the bank.  I will probably leave it there for a little while. More than likely it will be a VERY little while.

Might use it to buy a team of mules and a covered wagon when gas breaks $10.

Maybe I will try to get JIT to invest in a joint-venture to drill a oil well in that Willistan Basin on which he lives atop.

C-CROSS said:
Haven't received it yet.

Did you have to pay a balance with your return, not use direct deposit, or extend and not yet file.  Those are the only reasons for not yet having received you payment.

Dusty

'bout half of it was spent on partying and women, the other half i just wasted....

dutch pride

Going to use it to buy a laptop for our Daughter who gaduated from High School last night. 2 down, one to go. <party> (clapping) <party>  (clapping)<party>

DLZ

dori36

cowz said:
I bought feed........any sane person would have gone on vacation!

What are you doing with yours?

Well, since not only am I single with no dependent children, I made just a little too much last year to be getting much of anything, I think.  Not sure as I don't have it yet.  But, if I ever get it, I'll probably use it to feed my GMC Yukon that really likes the taste of gas!  <cowboy>

renegade

My family hasn't gotten ours yet but we did get a letter telling us when we were suppose to get it (the date was last monday).  But I spent every penny of graduation money on feed  (cow) and some gas - sad isnt it  ;D

Dale

The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate check to
stimulate the economy. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.
If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs, if we purchase a
computer, it will go to India,
if we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala,
if we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan,
if we purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan and none of it will
help the American economy.
The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes, beer,
and Jack Daniels since these are the only products still produced in the US.
Thank you for your help, cooperation, and patriotism in these trying times.

cowz

That's why I bought the feed!!!!  I'd rather my $$ go to Bird City Kansas than China!!!

Think of how many "normal" people went out and bought a new flat screen TV made in Taiwan or China!  Kind of crazy.....should have handed out beef or milk vouchers instead!!!!

red

we just got $600 but I'm happy w/ anything. Hubby said ours was already spent w/ some of my big doctor/hopsital bills that I've had so far this year.

I don't think he's going to get ( Bush) the affect he wanted w/ the extra money. They thought at first people would splurge & buy big ticket items but now I think most are paying bills or using it for fuel & grocery bills.

Red