Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dusty

JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".  Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25 per hour x 40 hours = $1000 per week, or $52,000 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.

Jose Illegal: $15 per hour x 40 hours = $600 per week, or $31,200 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600 per month, or $7,200 per year. Joe Legal now
has $24,031.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500 per month for food, or $6,000 per
year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. In California, the average payment per household in 2009 was $728.77 per month for welfare and $348.52 per month for food stamps.  Jose Illegal now has $44,127.48.

Joe Legal pays $1,200 rent per month, or $14,400 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500 per month, or $6,000 per year. Jose Illegal still 

has $ 44,127.48.

Joe Legal pays $200 per month, or $2,400 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $44,127.48.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $44,127.48 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays $2.95 each for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens...You are part of the problem!

It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans! 

If any Liberal can't understand this, then I propose that they pay an extra tax to support all the JOSE ILLEGALS because the rest of America has had it.

jason

You forgot the part about how Jose sends his extra money down to family in Mexico so they can hire a smuggler to get them across the border and the cycle continues.

BDCO

Jason said:
You forgot the part about how Jose sends his extra money down to family in Mexico so they can hire a smuggler to get them across the border and the cycle continues.
AMEN

ploughshare

Dusty said:
JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL

If any Liberal can't understand this, then I propose that they pay an extra tax to support all the JOSE ILLEGALS because the rest of America has had it.

Agreed, the feds should cut off all support for undocumented persons and their children and have an "opt in" program for anyone who wants to use their money to support these people.

I saw a picture of a person holding a sign that read give me free health care, free housing, free education etc.  I really think these folks think that the "Land of the Free" means everything is free and that is why they want to come here.  Cut them off and raise all import tariffs to level the markets and make cheap labor not so cheap.

Show Heifer

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

I hate to admit it that I am in 100% agreement (and will deny it if prodded  ;D) But I think that post was the best one ever on SP!! 

No truer words were ever typed!

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

garybob

If Joe Legal's wothless cousin Bill White would work like Jose Illegal, then, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Instead, Bill and his meth-addicted kids fill the prisons, leaving lots of job vacancies, that, are filled by Jose, Gustavo, Junior, Rosa, Lupita, Veronica, Ana, Rosario, etc.
All because of the fact that we are raising kids that don't want to work.
I am not totally "Liberal" (Hell-fire!!! I am from Arkansas, for crying out-loud)  and see this from both sides. The obvious tone of  racism doesn't help the Conservative side of the argument.
GB

Show Heifer

I guess I put Illegal Bill White in the same boat as Jose Illegal.

Get rid of ALL welfare and "assistance" programs and we wouldn't be having this discussion either. But, we can't make someone do something they do not want to do now can we?? I mean, this is America, "land of the freeloaders".... oops I meant "land of the free".

Telos

Illegals pay into the system with their phony ID's. What many of them do is get a new job before tax returns. Actually they pay a higher percentage in taxes then legals because they acquire a different job and  never recieve their returns in order to not get caught. It's a multi billion dollar business for the US Government.

chambero

Telos said:
Illegals pay into the system with their phony ID's. What many of them do is get a new job before tax returns. Actually they pay a higher percentage in taxes then legals because they acquire a different job and  never recieve their returns in order to not get caught. It's a multi billion dollar business for the US Government.

It is a much more complicated situation than what is popularly thought.  My vote would be to make it much easier to become a legal citizen and therefore get them on the tax roles.

The national level impacts are way too complicated for anyone to really understand other than it ain't good.  Where it really hits us at the local level in Texas is our school districts.  The small town I came from was completely overwhelmed financially due to all of the extra teachers we needed for language issues and lack of requisite tax revenue.  We had lots of huge horse ranches that would have numerous families of illegal immigrants working on them.  The property taxes were based on straight ag use and there was never any money paid in for what amounted to multi-family housing units.  The problem wasn't with the workers - but with the ranch owners hiring them.

You can find lots of idiot protestors in cities with picket signs, etc.  Including no shortage of idiot anglos.  The average illegal worker is too busy trying to make a living to be involved in that foolishness.

This is one case where there are really no right or wrong answers - everyone knows the whole system is screwed up and unfair to everyone.  But I have a hard time pointing the finger at anyone that wants to and will work the dirty jobs the rest of us don't want.  Look higher up the food chain for the real problem.  I don't even have a hard time subsidizing health care and education for people with jobs - its the ones that don't work that I have the problem with.  And that usually isn't the illegal mexican immigrant.

As far as illegal immigrants bringing in drugs - they along with anyone else in the drug trade - anglos included - need to be subjected to the full extent of the law.

QMC

do you remember when Wisconsin did away with welfare? That was a big deal at the time. I would like to know how that worked.  I figure everyone on welfare moved to Illinois.

Doc

Show Heifer said:
I guess I put Illegal Bill White in the same boat as Jose Illegal.

Get rid of ALL welfare and "assistance" programs and we wouldn't be having this discussion either. But, we can't make someone do something they do not want to do now can we?? I mean, this is America, "land of the freeloaders".... oops I meant "land of the free".

I still think that if I have to take a drug test & background check to get a job to "EARN" money, that you for sure should have to do it to get welfare money & WIC vouchers for free food.

knabe

chambero said:
its the ones that don't work that I have the problem with.  And that usually isn't the illegal mexican immigrant.

As far as illegal immigrants bringing in drugs - they along with anyone else in the drug trade - anglos included - need to be subjected to the full extent of the law.

agree with what you are saying chambero, although if you go to bay area, salinas, LA, merced, hollister, gilroy, cottonwood, san diego and many other metro areas, there are large populations of unemployed latino's.  in my city, fully 50% of "employable" latino's are unemployed.  they are just like everyone else.  they go where jobs or handouts are.

rbruce

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

I really believe that was the best I have ever seen it put. I really think it would be better if you would stop all the extra help we have out there right now. Let's get back to helping our neighbors when they need help. Tell the goverment we will handle it ourselves.

Can anyone remember when the WPA was formed. If you wanted to help yourself your neighbors helped you. The goverment did not pay welfare, if you wanted to make it you could work in the area to help make a living for your family.

LETS STOP THE FREE HANDOUTS!!!!!

chambero

knabe said:
agree with what you are saying chambero, although if you go to bay area, salinas, LA, merced, hollister, gilroy, cottonwood, san diego and many other metro areas, there are large populations of unemployed latino's.  in my city, fully 50% of "employable" latino's are unemployed.  they are just like everyone else.  they go where jobs or handouts are.

Are those "unemployeds" legal or illegal?  My perception is that most illegals aren't going to our major metropolitan areas to live, but I have no idea if that idea is correct or not.  I do know that most of the hispanic gang violence we have in Texas cities does not involve illegal immigrants, but long-time inner city residents.

nkotb

Saw a bumper sticker today I think fits this thread pretty well.  It Read:

Work Harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

knabe

chambero said:
knabe said:

Are those "unemployeds" legal or illegal?  My perception is that most illegals aren't going to our major metropolitan areas to live, but I have no idea if that idea is correct or not.  I do know that most of the hispanic gang violence we have in Texas cities does not involve illegal immigrants, but long-time inner city residents.

all one has to do is look at the citizenship of those born in hospitals to validate those numbers.  not real hard. 

to me, that's the biggest reason to not have anchor babies.

i too am for easier legal immigration, but with the caveat that it be around 250,000-500/year.  right now, it's around 1 million.  too much of our economy is based on this and disguises costs.

it's stupid to wait till the petri dish is full to do something about continual growth.  a static population would reveal a lot.  we basically have a slightly less than static population without immigration, which is why i am for some.  it shouldn't be so easy to come here that people don't have to prove who they are or if they can't, then a protracted hazing which includes learning english which is currently required and codifying law to be in english only.  let those who want to support multiple languages bear the cost of translation so that there is constant pressure on learning english rather than the opposite, which is what we have now.

JbarL

they go where jobs or handouts are.
[/quote]

they go where states/counties/and towns let them go....this law in arizonia is the best thing that could happen to this country....and if yoiu thnk they are just  going to be looking for cracked windshields/ and tail lights  to enforce this new "direction" im afraid it may include more of the ....domestic violenc/burglery/assult/ drug sales/ drug purchases/....let alone the obvious illegal entry into the united states, as well......
the local sheriffs and metro can finally do there job while there in the  "neighborhood".....might as well keep em pinned down right where they are at...jbarl