Kansas Shorthorn Herd Tour

Help Support Steer Planet:

PhilMcKracken

Sue, we would like to have you out, whenever you make it out this way.  Hopefully, Oct. will be much, much cooler and they would be way better anyway.  The invitation is good for anyone else as well.  We love to ride around, visit and look at cows. 

PhilMcKracken

Hey Davis, thanks for the reminder about posting directions.  I was needing to do this because there is a little road work if coming off of K4 highway and there is a little detour.  The directions from McCracken on K4 are: North on K-4 3.5 miles and follow the curve west 2 miles and turn north, there will be an orange detour sign at this mile road.  Continue north 4 miles to S county Line Rd.    Turn Right (east) on S county line rd., go east a 1/4 mile to 100th Ave, go north 1 mile to DD rd and then 1/4 mile west, turn right at the ranch, it is on the north side.

Directions from I-70:  Take the Ellis exit off I-70 south through Ellis to HWY 40, go 2 blocks east, then south on Monroe St. (it turns into Ellis Ave)  Go 15 miles south to S. county line Rd., go west 2miles to 100th (410 Rd), north 1 mile to DD, west 1/4 mile to the ranch.

Another note is the 100th Ave sign can really only be seen if coming from the west side of the intersection, if coming from the east like from I-70, it is 410 Rd.  It is the county line, so its marked twice.  We will have plenty of signs or if anyone gets lost give me a call at (620)786-1369.  Sounds like the weather is going to cool off, just saw a high of 90 so we won't have to sit and talk about how hot it is, lol.  Hope to see many there,

stumpy

We are really looking forward to tomorrow and hope to see alot of you on the tour. Any one who wants to can leave a vehicle at our barn in the morning and car pool on the rest of the tour. Any questions you have are welcome if you call me @ (620) 793-8219 home, or (620)282-8364. See you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jeff Stump

M Bar

It was a great day, super tour, good food.  The pictures are posted on the web site.www.kansasshorthorns.com   go to the Get Involved Tab, then pictures.  You can view it full screen as a slide show if you choose.

Davis Shorthorns

We had a great time this year.  Saw a lot of great shorthorn and shorthorn cross cattle working in many different ways.  It was good to see everyone and wish that more people could have came out.  

sue

How many Kansas Shorthorn Breeders does it take to make icecream?    Looked like alot of fun - thanks for posting pics mrs m- bar.