KARMA for hope

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

O.K., you need to help on this.  I want everyone to take away my Karma  points today...at least to the point where I am at zero points.  Karma, for myself at least, stands for something positive.  I want everyone to take away a Karma point from me today and then send a positive thought to Erin Steele.  She is the 14 year old daughter of Doug and Lynette Steele and she is fighting for her life in Children's hospital in Omaha from a serious infection that started with a bad cold.  I want each point i have earned to be used for helping to make her better.  I think that it will make everyone think about her and that perhaps that will somehow give her strength.  So, get after it!  (angel)

red

Juli- I'd like to be included in this too. I'd like to make a suggestion that when taking away points it not be used as meaness but in the spirit it is intended.

I've been praying for her & her family but will do this to. We'll keep track of what's been given.

Red

justme

Well in that case I've taken for both of ya.  let's all hope the good karma goes to that young lady and helps her. (thumbsup)

minimoo38

here is a link that i got from Beth McDermott. just fill in the info, Erin's Room # is 212. just send a message of support to Erin and her family. Doug & Lynette read her everything that they get. she is on an oscillating ventilator, and in a coma-like state. it's getting tougher as she almost didn't make it yesterday.  like Juli said, it started from a very severe cold/flu and then it developed into an atypical pneumonia. others around the area where she lives have died from getting this. we miss her very much and hope that she pulls through.  :'(

please send your support.  (angel)  :'(  (angel)

http://www.chsomaha.org/body.cfm?id=9

red

thank you so much minimoo! I sent a special card from Steer Planet.  (angel)  (angel)

Red

jason

minimoo38 said:
here is a link that i got from Beth McDermott. just fill in the info, Erin's Room # is 212. just send a message of support to Erin and her family. Doug & Lynette read her everything that they get. she is on an oscillating ventilator, and in a coma-like state. it's getting tougher as she almost didn't make it yesterday.  like Juli said, it started from a very severe cold/flu and then it developed into an atypical pneumonia. others around the area where she lives have died from getting this. we miss her very much and hope that she pulls through.  :'(

please send your support.  (angel)  :'(  (angel)

http://www.chsomaha.org/body.cfm?id=9

Done  (angel)

justme

we are all a part of a big cattle family here.  Let's all send that family cards of encouragement from Steer planet!  What a way for the family to know there are literally 1646 members praying and hoping for them!

I sent mine....now its each and everyone of yours turn!  Let's help out a fellow cattle family in there time of need. (angel)

cattlejunky

I just sent an e-mail out to the family at the link provided.  I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

red

just a couple of thoughts. We won't take points away for this unless you say you want to be a part of it.

Also, I'm not suggesting that if you take away a karma point for some other reason you can't say something negative. The nice or funny is for the karma for Erin.
Anyone that can send a card via the hospital please do. I know from experience it is so nice to know that people are thinking of you. Even if she can't read them now, her parents will certainly appreciate the thoughts & prayers.

Red

CAB

Juli,Cathy, glad to take points away from you both. Thank you Juli for posting this up. I hadn't heard that Errin was ill. I'll be thinking of her and her family, and praying that Errin gets well soon.

common sense

O.K. you guys, keep up the good work and strip those points away and send the good karma to Erin.  I just talked to Doug and he said that Erin is taking a tiny step in the right direction in that her lungs are getting a little better and they are slowly backing off on the ventilator.  Doug sounds mentally exhausted right now.  I think the e-letters to Erin would be a GREAT idea.  The more the merrier. Doug said that they were really enjoying them and keeping them for Erin.  Thanks everyone!  Really!!! (angel)

red

We should probably set a time limit on this. How about it over w/ at 5:00 pm EST?

Red

minimoo38

common sense said:
O.K. you guys, keep up the good work and strip those points away and send the good karma to Erin.  I just talked to Doug and he said that Erin is taking a tiny step in the right direction in that her lungs are getting a little better and they are slowly backing off on the ventilator.  Doug sounds mentally exhausted right now.  I think the e-letters to Erin would be a GREAT idea.  The more the merrier. Doug said that they were really enjoying them and keeping them for Erin.  Thanks everyone!  Really!!! (angel)

it must be working.  :)  (angel) put me in too.  ;D

doubled

Me too, It was really thoughtful yesterday at Ft Dodge they mentioned Erin and to send prayers (angel)

red

thank you minimoo for posting on Breeder's world. I hope my post wouldn't get pulled but I posted about our Karma plan. right now I can't get BW to come up. Keeps saying data base error.

Red