Kroupas' Sweetheart Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

I thought we had a discussion on here a year ago about Kroupa, and several more selling all the HW/ HS genetics, and going to something more maternal...  Maybe i'm wrong.. have to check the archives...

Sure is alot of light colored ones in there!

firesweepranch

Doc said:
Looks like he has some really good cattle to go along with his infamous footnotes!!!
Yea, and some of those footnotes are a major turnoff for me! Very tacky, no matter who you are!

I really thought the brockle faced 11 year old cow looked good for her age (lot 13)! A HUGE girl...

knabe

firesweepranch said:
Yea, and some of those footnotes are a major turnoff for me! Very tacky, no matter who you are!

kinda like brian williams on dave letterman the other night?

DSI

Humor is a good thing if it is done tastefully. The language is unacceptable. There are kids who read that. Im not sure how someone can be happy to put that in the mail.

trevorgreycattleco

DSI said:
Humor is a good thing if it is done tastefully. The language is unacceptable. There are kids who read that. Im not sure how someone can be happy to put that in the mail.

I cant stand when people throw that line out there. Kids are exposed to foul language all the time from all places. Have you ever listened to kids talk when no parents are around? Sounds like a Eddie Murphy show. How come nobody ever complains about you tube and the language on there? You can't worry about how other people talk. If you dont like it, explain to your kids why and leave it at that. I cuss and have cussed since I was a young boy. There is a time and a place for it and a time and a place to show some manners. Those footnotes are far from bad IMO. They were entertaining. I would say that guy has been burned a few times and has a good reason to say what he says. If that is the worst language your kids ever hear, then they will live a very sheltered life. Lot bigger fish to fry in this country then worrying about cussin.

CCW

at least we don't have to worry about what he really thinks.

DSI

There is nothing good about cussing wether you are alone or not. Its just that what the world sees as acceptable continues to get worse year after year, but that doesnt make it right.

CAB

I guess I don't condone cussing exactly, but I do like reading Greg's footnotes and if any of you have ever talked to Greg, it is who he is and I find the authenticity of the notes refreshing instead of the same old same old speech that we all hear @ every sale, every cow, all day, come on sell cows!!

SmokesRule

I look forward to this sale book every year because of the footnotes. Not everyone can pull this off, but GK does. I agree its a nice change of pace

HOWEVER....

Whats the deal with the Walks Alone - Miss Perfection - 602... stuff? Did i read that right? was he insinuating that Walks Alone comes from the 602 line and not what he is advertised as? Did anyone else take it that way?

IF he is from that maternal lineage, he sure doesn't look anything like the rest of them.

but high comedy all around, love this sale book every year. also those thomas outlaw daughters are impressive. I was happy to see a little different genetics represented this year.

BadgerFan

My random thoughts after reading:

Sensationalism sells. I have to admit, I read it cover to cover.

I wish someone would have proofed it a bit.  The grammar is very poor.

It's pretty crude, but the cattle look good.

what the heck does "coon footed" mean?  My judging coach never taught me that one.

kfacres

BadgerFan said:
My random thoughts after reading:

Sensationalism sells. I have to admit, I read it cover to cover.

I wish someone would have proofed it a bit.  The grammar is very poor.

It's pretty crude, but the cattle look good.

what the heck does "coon footed" mean?  My judging coach never taught me that one.

You mean someone from the badger state doesn't know anything about coons??  Nether do I... I'm guessing big, since coons aren't bigger animals, but leave a hefty track...

Latest posts