Last American Cowboy

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

Anyone watching it?  Its on tonight at 10 p.m. on Animal Planet.  Saw an episode from last week, was really neat.

Cowboy

Ah heck -- and here I was thinking " I " was the last one!!!!  (clapping) (clapping)

Actually, I have it set to tape on the dish every week that's new. Last week got a little WESTERN -- hehehe

Neat show, something real for a change!

Terry

crown33

im glad u brought this up cause my dad told me bout it..but couldn't remember what channel it was on..so i'd been seaching for it

lowann

Love it!!!
I will never complain about caring for our little 15 cow/calf herd and the problems that go along with it after seeing this.
A real eye opener. I give these ranchers all the credit in the world. City folk need to watch this.

FutureBreeder2013

Agreed.

Many people think that raising livestock is inhumane. They should watch this show so they can see more of the real world instead of the isolated incidents they hear about.

ba

Got in on it late but thisgreat show.Realistic as it is. It makes this old man not as nuts as  he seems at times .
It is about the cattle . Shooting for 100% the second year in a row with one to go . I hate to loose to mother nature.
Flooding tonight fence washed out but will fight the old gal tomorrow.

kobo_ranch

Thanks  INTHEBARNAGAIN.... Absolutely hardly nothing on TV in the summer.  Maybe husband and I both will enjoy this.  Set the DVR just now for recording each one!  Thanks for the heads up!

pjkjr4

I've got to get a DVR......but it really ticks me off that the main audience that would watch are farm/ranch people. 7:00pm central time in the summer is not a very condusive time to be showing it, along with repeats at midnight. I've only got to see bits a couple of times, but does it seem to you guys that the son that hasn't become a partner yet with his dad is kind of a whiner? Sure seems that way to me.

trevorgreycattleco

Personally I think the auction of the philly then giving it back to the grandaughter was one of the best things I have seen in a long time. I ever get my head above water, you can bet I will be doing stuff like that for people in need. Until then...... I am in debt to my eyeballs, building a farm from scratch is tough! My favorite show by a mile. I wish they would show some bulls tho! I got some red bulls that sure could help those straight bred black angus out!

shufly

I saw it once a while back and now can't seem to find it.  I went to Animal Planet's web site and it says it airs on Mondays but on their schedule I cannot find it.  I am MST. Does anyone know if it is still on and when?

justme

My 8 year old son is adicted to this show. Kinda nice to see him turn off Nick.  There was a marathon of it about a week ago all day.  Sadly not much got done around here lol.  We popped popcorn and sat and watch the entire thing!  Nice to see Animal planet show something other than ASPCA shows.

BSCattle

My 5 year old and 3 year old LOVE this show. We've got them all DVR'd and I'm sure we will be watching them all winter. Only downfall I can see is that every other word out of their mouths lately is "cattle". We don't have just cows anymore ;)

nkotb

My wife and I love it.  My favorite was the Hughes family.  They reminded me a little too much of us when they were working though, lots of yelling from the husband and lots of understanding from the wife.  I thought it was easily the best show on TV in quite a while.  My little girl sat with me and watched it and knew not to bother Daddy when it was on.  She loved every minute of it at all of 2 years old.

bjkoller

Love this show... at our house my girls and I watch it as often as possible!  We do most of the cattle end as husband does the wheat end, but even he watches with us and I think when the calving season episode was on and they lost the calf, he understood a little more what it is like for us! The Last American Cowboy is a show that should be played in every city across our country!  More people need to understand where our food comes from and that those animals are loved and cared for as part of our "family"!  More of us care, treat our livestock well and love our life than those who don't understand!  Thank You Animal Planet for this great show...... (clapping)

And thank goodness for DVR!

bluegrass

I had never even heard of it but got lucky and caught a little of the first episode during the marathon so the dvr to record them all. we sat and watched all 8 episodes back to back thought it was cool.