last years Arizona Nationals

Help Support Steer Planet:

SouthWest

AZJimmy, I totally agree with you.  After what they pulled bringing in the NM State steer for Az state fair, everyone was keeping an eye on them.  They forget that kids tend to talk and there was a heads up on it.  I also understand that entries were down last year at Az state fair because of what they pulled the year before and nothing was done.  I am glad one what disciplinary action have been done.  I hope now that legal actions will begin.  With Az Natl being in jeapordy of surviving, it does not need this bad publicity for someone selfishness.  As cost increase in showing  cattle, I hope that entries do not suffer on this account.  I have always donated to this show because I enjoy it, and beleive in what it  teaches our youth.  I do hope that action are taken so we can all put our anger behind us and we can have a heck of a show again. 

teamsteer

OH Breeder said:
Azjimmy said:
I am sure that at this point the results are published at the ANLS web.  Life time ban on the boy showing the, DNA proven, stolen steer that won his class in KC.  The person that supplied the steer for the Colorado family is believed to be the same person that was payed $20,000 for the steer to win the ANLS.  It is well believed the steer arrived in that persons trailer.  The big joke was how well done the stolen steer was done up, and then stalled with Riggs' other steers that they had actually cared for.  The person that brought the steer also brought the steer that won the last two years?  This person clipped the 06 Az State fair chapion steer that everyone knew had come from the New Mexico State fair, being the Champion Shorthorn.  It is easy to id a shorthorn.  Arizona did nothing because of the money the family has spent at the junior sale, leagal reasons was the official reason.  The state of Arizona does not have the guts to do anything.  The question I have is does the KC show or the State have the guts to prosecute the person that got paid to deliver the steer to AZ.  Everyone knows this is going on but know one will put an end to it.  Why?  I will be glad to testify.  Those that know me also know that I have a lot of knowledge of the things this family has done in AZ that would be fraud in business, but since they are cheating children everyone lets it go.  There is money to cheat with but none to prosecute with.

Guess what I think is pretty crazy is why would you think no one would figure out who your calf was when they had collected DNA? That is brave. Besides being wrong. The family if sold and the folks in between should all be made accountable. Not hard to track the money if someone really wanted to. But like you said, you have to have someone who wants to persue it.

these kids work hard and put a lot of time in their steers,  we as parents try to teach our kids to obey the rules, and it is hard to compete with familes who disregard rules.  These familes who baught,sold,moved this steer should have been kicked out for life

cowz

I was just down in AZ 2 weeks ago.  The dinnertable conversations led me to believe that the AZ National will go on this winter, but is in danger of loosing it's funding for the following year.

I really saddens me that the need for bragging rights for a jock and a couple of families may have added to the financial burden of a struggling show.  That is one of the most fun and "laid back" shows I have ever been to.  I hope they can continue on !!

Azjimmy

The ANLS is a go for 09, but the AZ government does not find AG an acceptical place to spend money.  Food production is not important to Libs.  The people that cheat at the show will not effect the future of the show, but does effect the people that would like to believe they can have a fair chance at the show.  Az people can not understand why it is so important for the cheaters to cheat and so did not believe they would do it.  This is not the first time the champion streer was a fraud.  Maybe the new rules will help.  The people that have taken the money to cheat were from your states though.  If someone else called  Kansas and Misouri maybe they would prosecute the person that had the steer in Texas.  Who had the guts to tell the ANLS that the steer was from KC?, Thank you

SWMO

I'm not a lawyer but I would think that the person responsible for initially stealing the steer would have to be prosecuted where the crime happened which is in Missouri.  However, who is going to pursue it.  I would think that the owner of the steer and the American Royal would have to file suit.  But once again I am not a lawyer.

Azjimmy

I would think that it would not take too many people calling KC or the state of Missouri to put the pressure on so that there will be some consequences that will stop the cheating.

Latest posts