Listening to any good music?

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

OK I can't resist - in the last 48 hours  we heard...
The Who
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan (old and new)
Jefferson Airplane
Stevie Nicks
Cream
Heart
CSNY
Gordon Lightfoot
The Police

Favorite depends on the mood I am in or the mood I would like to be in! O0 (cow)

red

DL said:
OK I can't resist - in the last 48 hours  we heard...
The Who
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan (old and new)
Jefferson Airplane
Stevie Nicks
Cream
Heart
CSNY
Gordon Lightfoot
The Police

Favorite depends on the mood I am in or the mood I would like to be in! O0 (cow)

Ah DL, no wonder we get along so well, great tunes!
I saw where Bob Seager is making a comeback tour. Used to love to dance to his music.
Red

deep

I can't believe I forgot to mention HEART.  I love HEART    (dog)

Telos

The Grammy Awards are tonight. Should be interesting! Always like to see what's been happening in the music world the past year to see (hear) what I missed out on. I Like the Dixie Chicks and John Mayer. Lifetime achievement awards are always interesting too. It should be entertaining.

austin

The Grammy Awards are tonight. Should be interesting! Always like to see what's been happening in the music world the past year to see (hear) what I missed out on. I Like the Dixie Chicks and John Mayer. Lifetime achievement awards are always interesting too. It should be entertaining.

(clapping)

red

This morning:
Rod Stewert -Maggie May
Eagles -Desperodo (sp?)
Bob Segar- Turn the Page
Bob dylan
ELO
Cream
Steely Dan
Led Zepp
Ah... Life is good!!!!!
Red

farmboy

I WAS SURFING THE POST SO THIS IS KINDA AN OLD THREAD

BLACK SABBATH
LED
ERIC CLAPTON
PINK FLOYD

FAVORITE SONG WOULD HAVE TO BE KASHMIR OR IRONMAN

TODAYS "ROCK" BANDS SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY LIKE NOBODY LOVES ME OR DADDY NEVER HUGGED ME THEME
COUNTRY IS ALRIGHT, BIG & RICH AND WHAT NOT

NIRVANA IS ON THE UPPER END OF MY LIST
AS I TYPE I'M JAMMIN TO BLACK DOG BY LED

O0 HEY HEY MAMA SAID THE WAY YOU MOVE, GONNA MAKE YOU SWEAT GONNA MAKE YOU GROOVE O0

cherokee1

Boy, I am thinking that maybe I have not grown up at all......

I LOVE:  Rap - Hard Rock -  and some Country - Jazz - some easy listening - I have listened to the Indian Radio Stations and LOVE the chant music, I have even up loaded it on my MP3 so I can work and listen during the day. 

Cross Canadian...... The rodeo song AWESOME!!  17 wonderful and the newer one with
Ice Cube......  Go to Church....make the calves listen to that CD.
Snoop Dog... O YAH!!
ICP - Good remake of the 80's song Let's Go All The Way Totally AWESOME
Marilyn Manson - He has a couple good jammin songs......
ANYTHING 80's good in my book!!!
Carrie Underwood has some good songs....

and 1 of my total FAVORITES  Is the blues - BB KIng - especially his remake of the song The Thrill is gone with Tracy Chapman!!!  AWESOME!!!
Oh can not forget about Alison Krauss and blue grass music.

Can you tell I would much rather listen to music then watch TV?

Telos

I'm kind of an old folky fan. Dylan, Baez, Guthrie. Went to see Baez's show last year. It was the second best concert I've been to. My first best concert was when she was here three years ago. She is awesome in concert and better then ever. Of the new comers, my favorite is Steve Earle I think  he's a modern day Dylan... A great songwriter in my opinion. I know I am old fashion, but like most anything, if it is good. Had a catering co. at one time in OKC. Had catering rights to all the entertainers who came to Norman Okla, and Okla. City. Feeding their crews, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hardest work I've ever done. Back in the eighties those groups did not live a very respectful life style. I also liked Cosby, Nash and Young, but haven't listened to much of them lately.

Hope a Lawrance Welk fan chimes in.  Maybe they'll  help me not look so bad with my taste in music.

Telos

cherokee1 said:
Boy, I am thinking that maybe I have not grown up at all......

I LOVE:  Rap - Hard Rock -  and some Country - Jazz - some easy listening - I have listened to the Indian Radio Stations and LOVE the chant music, I have even up loaded it on my MP3 so I can work and listen during the day. 

Cross Canadian...... The rodeo song AWESOME!!  17 wonderful and the newer one with
Ice Cube......  Go to Church....make the calves listen to that CD.
Snoop Dog... O YAH!!
ICP - Good remake of the 80's song Let's Go All The Way Totally AWESOME
Marilyn Manson - He has a couple good jammin songs......
ANYTHING 80's good in my book!!!
Carrie Underwood has some good songs....

and 1 of my total FAVORITES  Is the blues - BB KIng - especially his remake of the song The Thrill is gone with Tracy Chapman!!!  AWESOME!!!
Oh can not forget about Alison Krauss and blue grass music.

Can you tell I would much rather listen to music then watch TV?

I do like all your selections. Good taste! The Thrill is a spectacular piece of work.

OH Breeder

Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Janice Joplin, Doors, Fleetwood Mack, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Creed, Nirvana, Fergi and Black Eyed Peas, Pat Benatar, Heart, Tacy Chapman, REM, Club Mix from Miami, FL the calves really move to that one., Harry Connick Jr., on occasion Kelly Pickler, Randy Travis classic, Dolly, Billy Idol, ACDC, Steven Tyler, Rolling Stones, Queen.... and the list goes on. Really think music can define the mood you in. Clear your head or pick you up. I like all with the exception of RAP music and heavy heavy metal.
Most of time you will find country and top 40 on my radio and old blues CD's in my cd player....Loved most of the music from the 80's was my time.

DLD

Red dirt (Cross Canadian Ragweed, Stoney LaRue, Jason Boland...), old outlaw country (Hank Jr, Waylon, Willie, David Allan Coe, Charlie Daniels, Merle Haggard) , some "popular country" (George Strait, Alan Jackson, Clay Walker...) and classic/southern rock (Eagles, Bob Seger, ZZ Top, Skynyrd, Allmans, Marshall Tucker...). Oh yeah, and Jimmy Buffet - he's in a class all by himself. I've gotta have my tunes - my ipod might be my best friend... LOL

red

Always loved this topic DLD!
I really like Jimmy Buffet, great washing music. I've been listening to more "alternative" music lately. Love the beats & tempo some of the songs have. Also really like Chris Daughtery's album.
Course my favorite music to work w/ calves is Meatloaf. Not sure why but brings back lots of memories from past gone fairs!

Red

shorthorns r us

what about the rock n roll cowboy? better not mess with this old cowboy's hat. hooked no that 8 second side. copenhagen angel. that music is so good that it increases rate of gain and muscle mass, smooths on fat cover, & grows hair.

afhm

How about Bucky Covington's newest song A Different World?   Kind of reminds me of how things used to be and for the most part should probably be again.  It makes fun a little of how overprotective everybody has become now days.

bluegrass

Wow! I have to admit never thought I would find an ICP fan on the planet. I love 80s music and outlaw country. I don't think Steve Miller Band was mentioned that's the kinda stuff my show calves like to hear. If I go clubbin (getting to old for that) I like good grinding jams.

rtnok

Don't forget the Boss, Springstein,B.W. Stevenson, Harry Nielson,and Janice.  Roni

farmboy

bluegrass said:
Wow! I have to admit never thought I would find an ICP fan on the planet. I love 80s music and outlaw country. I don't think Steve Miller Band was mentioned that's the kinda stuff my show calves like to hear. If I go clubbin (getting to old for that) I like good grinding jams.
I LIKE ICP...MOST PEOPLE STERYOTYPE THERE STUFF, THATS HOW I WAS AND MY FREIND MADE ME LISTEN TO IT ON  THE WAY TO A GAME AND HAVE BEEN HOOKED :)

cherokee1

SRU said:
what about the rock n roll cowboy? better not mess with this old cowboy's hat. hooked no that 8 second side. copenhagen angel. that music is so good that it increases rate of gain and muscle mass, smooths on fat cover, & grows hair.

I forgot about Chris!!!  and I have most of his CD's!!!  How bout Harry Chapin??  I just LOVE music!!!

Latest posts