Long After Becoming Meat, Prized Steer is at the center of a Legal Beef

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

The level that persons will stoop too..... Nothing is ethicial anymore, no one has values!! As parents we need to set examples and raise up standing children. How does cheating and lieing do that? It makes me sick!!

R1Livestock

The worst part is, I'm torn with this:

What is worse, this deal or unethical (read: drugs) fitting and feeding?

I sure don't know, but neither are good.  Luckily, neither are rampant in the industry, but it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch in some situations.

rocknmranch

aj said:
Rock....you look kinda snarly in your avatar. ;D

Well your pic is banned!!! LOL.... Don't jugde a book by its cover.

I'm actually one of the nicest persons, and not just saying that. I'm not that old but have kids, and was raised in 4-H. I just hate that parents aren't teaching their kids to be great persons. Our world we live in.... We have created!!

loveRedcows

From what I've witnessed AZ natl appears to be quite serious about fraud...unfortunately not too many other shows follow this example.  Spend a little time wandering around the barn or tie outs in early morning or late evening -- you can get a real education there.  Too bad that rules are only for those with a conscience.

fed_champions

From past experience with shows, this definitely looks like a clear cut case against the vicklands. The way Brian Martin described it sounds like the truth, ive known people to do this from time to time, the police report was a cover up to save face. If u get caught, face the consequences, after all u knew the risk going into it. Im in no way condoning the actions, but there is cheating in every sport, its human nature, they will do anything to win.

shortyjock89

WHAAAAT? Knabe, you're gonna go ahead and post Hall & Oates, and NOT put up Rich Girl? I think it fits nicely.....

knabe

Gerard

loveRedcows said:
From what I've witnessed AZ natl appears to be quite serious about fraud...unfortunately not too many other shows follow this example.  Spend a little time wandering around the barn or tie outs in early morning or late evening -- you can get a real education there.  Too bad that rules are only for those with a conscience.
Was it like that when I showed 20 years ago or did I not see it, I start with my children two years ago and man did I get a eye open!!!

chambero

It was worse 20 years ago than it is now.

I'm a firm believer that not as much goes on as most people think, but Brian Martin was at issue when a lawsuit occurred a few years ago between Fort Worth and a west Texas family over where that steer spent most of his life. 

Joe Boy

I have a hard time understanding why someone has not been arrested.

chambero

In reality it is just show rules they are violating not laws with this calf switching/place of residence stuff.  I have long wondered why shows don't ban certain people from their grounds that they know are behind these shenanigans. 

R1Livestock

chambero said:
In reality it is just show rules they are violating not laws with this calf switching/place of residence stuff.  I have long wondered why shows don't ban certain people from their grounds that they know are behind these shenanigans. 

If this was proven to be true, didn't they file a false police report, though?  That is a C misdemeanor in the least, at least where I live.

Earthmover

Same names, same people. i don't feel sorry at all. everybody from Ohio to Neb knows you'll have to beat these people no matter were you show. Most of the big time cattle jocks will do whatever it takes to win. There the ones who run up calves on sales and then don't pay for them, or give you a post dated check. It won't change the all mighty dollar speaks. Ever heard of more dollars than sense, this would be a prime example.

Latest posts