Louisville.....lets get together.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

shortdawg said:
It sure was great to meet some of the SP gang and put a face with a name. I guess I met all the same folks as Doc and Oakbar as well. Only one I'm not sure about is JoebnTN ( did I meet him Doc?) All these folks were great folks and I enjoyed talking to them. I hate I didn't get to meet OFS, maybe next time.

I knew I would forget someone . Sorry oakbar!! :))) It's heck getting old & having short term memory problems. Shortdawg, I ran into Joe at the futurity show , when you were on the other side of the ring.

oakbar

Hey Doc,  that's OK my wife forgets I'm around too!! 

It sure was good to meet the SP people I did meet---You,  Shortdawg,  Linnettejane, and Malinda.  I also talked  with Stumpy a few times and I sure was pulling for him in the Championship drive.  You're right, Doc,  the SP folks I met sure had some good cattle.  I wish I'd met more of the SP gang but there's so darn many people from Iowa and MN down there  that we kind of got tied up with people we already knew.  I didn't really see any SP group after the Futurity--did I miss it??    Sorry I missed the rest of you---hopefully we'll get together down the road.

uluru

I just got home from Louisville.
What a great show and the hospitality afforded to me by all the people from the USA that I met was just wonderful.
I was completely blown away by the cattle and the facilities.
I will be back, god willing.

I met many of the people Doc talked about.
Thanks to him and Shortdawg.
Thanks guys and wonderful to meet you both.

I have a somewhat embarrassing story to tell about meeting two SP ladies. Both very wonderful and understanding ladies.

I was in the lobby restaurant of the Hilton Garden Inn having breakfast with Mechanic's son on Sunday morning.
We were a little late as Sat night was fun.
Sitting at a table next to us were two ladies and a gentleman having their breakfast and enjoying a nice discussion in a relaxing manner.
I turned to Mechanic's son and mentioned that I had met one of the ladies the day before and she was an SP member.
When the group got up I turned and to be polite I said good morning Melinda, nice to see you today.
She turned to me and said very politely "I am not Melinda but I do know who Melinda is and I used to work with her.
People always get us mixed up.

I felt about two inches high.
We all laughed and went on our way back to the barns.
I later went to the area were Melinda was stalled and there was this lady again talking to Melinda.
We all had a good laugh about my mistake and went on our merry way.
Melinda and Pegwood you are both wonderful and very understanding ladies and it was my privilege to meet and chat with you both.

.............Bob

OH Breeder

uluru said:
What a great show and the hospitality afforded to me by all the people from the USA that I met was just wonderful.

I have a somewhat embarrassing story to tell about meeting two SP ladies. Both very wonderful and understanding ladies.

I was in the lobby restaurant of the Hilton Garden Inn having breakfast with Mechanic's son on Sunday morning.
Sitting at a table next to us were two ladies and a gentleman having their breakfast and enjoying a nice discussion in a relaxing manner.
I turned to Mechanic's son and mentioned that I had met one of the ladies the day before and she was an SP member.
When the group got up I turned and to be polite I said good morning Melinda, nice to see you today.
She turned to me and said very politely "I am not Melinda but I do know who Melinda is and I used to work with her.

I later went to the area were Melinda was stalled and there was this lady again talking to Melinda.
Melinda and Pegwood you are both wonderful and very understanding ladies and it was my privilege to meet and chat with you both.

.............Bob

Melinda and Pegwood are top notch ladies. really like them. Met them both. Great cattle and great people. Seems like there are more Steerplanet sitings this year.

ShowmanQ

uluru said:

.............Bob

OH BOB!!!! You are one of millions to make the mistake of mixing up the famous SHORTHORN TWINS (lol) I don't think Malinda or Peggy would be upset by the mixup, both are WONDERFUL women who have done tremendous things in the Shorthorn breed, as well as being class acts. I can honestly say, and I have before, some of my favorite memories from this past state fair and other shows involve standing out in the smoking section listening to all of the little "pearls of wisdom" Malinda was willing to spill out to me. It is really cool to hear some of her stories about showing cattle "back when". She is truly a great friend. I also really enjoy seeing the Pegwood trailer parked at shows, because Peggy and Kyle too are class acts with a lot of knowledge and good things to offer to the breed.

cowz

OH Breeder said:
ANY one know what the WHR heifer in the futurity sold for. The white one Pride of Primo.
Thank you in advance.
Shawn

$5800 went to Schliders (sp)? in Kansas.

It was fun visiting with Doc, Shortdawg, Malinda and Stumpy.  Got to watch ULuru and Stumpy show bulls.  Got to watch every minute, all 11 hours, of the shorthorn show!  Dan Hoge must have sore feet tonight!

M Bar

Had a good time hanging out in the shorthorn barn.  talked with quite a few folks, but didn't make any connections on who was on SP.  The fischer bull looked darn good and coulda - shoulda won the bull show.  JoeBnTn was there and talked to him.  To those who made the committee meetings on Friday night, thank you.

Davis Shorthorns

It was great seeing the people I did, Stumpy, and MBar.  I must have walked past alot of you guys a few times and it just didn't click.  I did meet one person that looked at me and said "oh you must be that one kid with that one cow"  He said that he wasn't a member, but he has looked around the site a few times.  I told him he should just go ahead and join on up.  (thumbsup)  So at Denver if you see a big guy around 300 lbs with a gote walking around in a daze with a black jacket with DFRS on the chest stop and say high.

Malinda

Just got myself, the dog and the bull home about half an hour ago. Sounds like a semen collection facility around here. A 14 month old DZ son on one side of the barn and a 17 month old DZ grandson on the other. Lots of 'shooting the bull' going on. Phenom got to see his girls in waiting as we came in the lane, but he will have to wait until January. We only got that rascal to eat one time while in Louisville. I went out to the trailer this morning to feed and Phenom wanted his feed so badly that he was trying to stick his tomgue out the gate before I could get it open. I could have shot him right there.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Ukuru, don't feel badly. Don Cagwin walked up to me in Louisville a couple of years ago and said: "I like your heifer." I thanked him but told him I didn't have a heifer there!

Justin you little rascal I didn't get to meet you.

The only other person I think I saw, other than those already mentioned, was McHale75.

It was really good to meet everyone.

Off to check my Louise 69/Trump heifer born the day before I left for Louisville. Got a quick look at her as I pulled around the barn but better make a better check. And then it is laundry time!

Again, nice to meet everyone. Some nice folks on SP.

Red, I missed you. Hope all is well.

Malinda

linnettejane

it was great meeting all of you(malinda, doc, oakbar, shortdawg, and the lakeside girls...hope i didnt forget anyone)....and thanks so much for all your help, advice, words of wisdom, and direction pointing on my first trip to naile!

cowz

We will have to have our SP pins for next year!  Maybe we can have a poker table set up in the Pfizer trailer in Denver for 2009!

Again, it was a true pleasure to meet the folks I did!

The main reason we went out this year for the 4H livestock judging.  I am so proud of our local boys as they won the contest!  We are still in a state of total disbelief!  Additionally, 2 out of 4 of our kids were named all american. 

I thought my luck was good, so went to Churchill Downs to see the races and only lost $10.  Didnt crash the rental car and actually made our flight!  It truly was a great week!

Davis Shorthorns

cowz said:
We will have to have our SP pins for next year!  Maybe we can have a poker table set up in the Pfizer trailer in Denver for 2009!

Again, it was a true pleasure to meet the folks I did!

The main reason we went out this year for the 4H livestock judging.  I am so proud of our local boys as they won the contest!  We are still in a state of total disbelief!  Additionally, 2 out of 4 of our kids were named all american. 

I thought my luck was good, so went to Churchill Downs to see the races and only lost $10.  Didnt crash the rental car and actually made our flight!  It truly was a great week!

sounds like good luck to me.

shortdawg

Cowz, I think some kids in the next county up from me were second behind those 4-H kids from CO.

cowz

It was a tight contest with only 2 points separating the 3 top teams.  The Colorado, Illinois and Maryland kids now get to go to the Royal Highland Show in Edinborough, Scotland next summer.

Were the kids you are talking about from the Tenn. side?  Get the heifer all the way home on Tues. Cant wait!

shortdawg

I just remembered that these kids were 2nd in Poultry Judging ! Glad to hear you are getting your heifer home so quick. She should make a great female for you... really feminine like a female should be.