most underrated clubbie sire

Help Support Steer Planet:

ds

Who do you think is the most underrated clubbie sire. My vote would go to Home Brew, he's never talked about much but flat out works pretty consistently.

cotullaguy

ds said:
Who do you think is the most underrated clubbie sire. My vote would go to Home Brew, he's never talked about much but flat out works pretty consistently.

Have heard that before about Home Brew.  do you have any photos of his calves? 

ds

Don't have any pics but he just makes them real stout made, complete and chubby pretty consistently. They feed real easy as well. Only knock is they can be a little short bodied.

OH Breeder

I have seen some awesome steer calves out of Overheater. He was real popular for a while then he died. Then you didn't hear anything about him. Lot like bleeding purple. The more I see Carnac's the more I am liking them.

cotullaguy

OH Breeder said:
I have seen some awesome steer calves out of Overheater. He was real popular for a while then he died. Then you didn't hear anything about him. Lot like bleeding purple. The more I see Carnac's the more I am liking them.

what kind of cows did Overheater work on?  I heard he threw some paint as well...

OH Breeder

cotullaguy said:
OH Breeder said:

what kind of cows did Overheater work on?  I heard he threw some paint as well...

Overheater could throw some color like Get It Done. He had a couple of white spots on his side if I remember right and he bred alot like his poppa Heat Seeker. The cows that had the nicest calves were Chi-Angus cross cows. The cows were bigger made with some rib to them but weren't necessarily massive. The calves looked like Heat Seekers. More compact and thick topped. I am sure some folks didn't have any luck with him but there was a farm that ran about 200 head of clubby cows and they always had a dozen or so. They all looked pretty similar. They could have some temper to them though.

DE BULL CAX (CAX S 243750)                                      TOTAL PLAY CAX (1CM S 187623)
                                                                                                                                                                BLACK STAR 007Z (P 243748) 

BC TEX SHORTHORN 23 (F100937)                                                   
                                BHCS HEAT SEEKER 23 (1CM P 259913)

OverHeater
              MARS MA X AN X CA X MX 001 (C100594) 

FULL THROTTLE 1CM (1CM H 208400)

BMC SUGAR RAY 1CA (1CA S 110687) 
                                                        MA X AN (F84160)

Attachments

• OverHeater.jpg
    OverHeater.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 897

cotullaguy

I have heard Overheaters can be mean and that is some reason to not use him...i do like his look though.

DCC show cattle

we sold an overheater to a family in washington county in 2007 for their county black and white paint calf looked great and had a great temperment a little slower maturing and finishing though...

CAB

OH Breeder said:

Carnac is gone now too.

cotullaguy

CAB said:
OH Breeder said:

Carnac is gone now too.

I had heard that.....

bcosu

something big hipped.

ours were fairly nice calves just didn't have enough rear in them to really stand out. they don't seem to lack a lot of hair either. one direct hit steer we raised was second in class at louisville.

Jacob B

Underrated??? Does that mean the ones that weren't freaky enough at first, but later became known as "maternal sires" as far as the club calf world is concerned?  Or do you mean the ones that just didn't get as much hipe at first and later got more attention as they went.  Just wondering, sometimes don't understand how people view underrated, or maternal kinds in the club calf world.  Seriously, what do you all consider this to be?

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
A calving ease an one very good maternal sire is the CTR SUCCESS bull .used him on Charolais heifers once in helped one , good disposition an every once in a while you see him in a very good animals pedigree an usually is a daughter ....Little less clubby an more predictable than some of the extreme clubby bulls .