Moving on

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

It is with great sadness that I resigned my position as moderator. I have found myself too busy to be able to keep up w/ the board. Also, I'm sorry to say that the tone of the board has taken turn that I can't agree with. I do not want my name to be associated w/ some of the comments & opinions that are being expressed here on a daily basis.
I will check in from time to time. I also look forward to seeing everyone at Louisville.
Keep strong, keep raising good cattle & keep the faith!

Red

cowz

I, also, have made the decision to no longer moderate this board.  I have truly enjoyed getting to know some of you!  We have had some fun and shared some good info. 

However, I have no wish to promote INTOLERANCE of the right for everyone to have differing opinions.  By nature, I love people.  I do not approve of constant negativity and personal attacks on others.

I truly believe that if negative and slanderous remarks are a part of "who you are", you should publish those remarks on your own website.

DLD

I am very sorry. I have great respect for you both and for all you've done here.  :(

Joe Boy

THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE TO HELP AND TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS:( :( :(

justme

Oh GIRLS!!! I leave for a couple days and all heck must have broken loose.  I want to commend both of you for doing an awesome job!! This board wouldn't be what it is today without your help.  Thanks girls, and PLEASE, continue to visit the board and talk cattle with us!

justintime

I want to say thank you to both of you for doing so much for this site. I hope you will come back whenever possible, and continue to be a part of what I feel is one of the best informational discussion boards.
I would agree that from time to time, the discussion becomes passionate on here. Personally, I have no problem with passionate debate, as long as it does not become a public stoning of any individual. If it is only passionate debate on a policy, a breeding problem or health concern, I think we all can learn from each other. Trying to view a topic through another person's words, can help us see it more clearly. I do believe that there is often a fine line between good, passionate, heart felt debate.... and intoleration of another person's opinion. I think many of us need to think, more often, about what we have communicated  through our written words, as it can sometimes be misinterpreted, from how we meant it.
I am a relative newcomer to this site, but I know that both of you will be missed. I truly hope you will continue to be a part of the discussion, even if you are no longer moderating this site. Thanks again...... You are two of the best!

shortdawg

I'm sad to here this news  :'( . I've enjoyed both of your posts a lot and hope both of you will chime in from time to time.

fluffer

I just got confie here at steer planet!  I hope you guys still stick around!  Red- I like your cheerfull attitude.  Whatever has you down I hope lifts soon.  Good luck at the NAILE.

ROAD WARRIOR

Red and Cowz - Hope you don't leave us for good. I'm sure the moderator job takes more time and effort than most of us realize and your tech skills with sizing pictures and that type of thing have been invaluable. I have always enjoyed your posts, views and helpful tips. Thanks for all of your time and effort that you have put into "the planet" and don't be strangers.

Show Heifer

Justintime: I agree with the passionate debate...how else can we learn if we do not exchange ideas (better known as opinions) and how can we be tolerant if others don't share their opinion and we exchange ideas (better known as debate/argue).  :-\

knabe

as someone who supports utilization of PHAC and TH genetics as well as PHAF and THF from carrier lines, if used with full knowledge of ramifications of the defect, i am saddened.  i think this gene is crucial and important to understanding developmental biology, and Dr. B publishes his paper, the gene will have more impact in the developmental biology field than the cattle industry.  hopefully the delay in publication has something to do with coordinating other publications on the gene in a variety of publications and will make a decent splash. 

there are some extremely awesome cows, embryo's for sale in rowe's offering. 
a couple of my favorites
lot 101 157

haven't finished looking through the offering.

red

but that's part of the charm w/ our Knabe, his head shaking posts. (lol)
Show Hefier, there is such a thing as lively discussions & then there is bashing & slander. Sometimes people don't know the difference between the two. I'm not pointing any fingers on this so no one accuse me of being catty. I love a good debate. At home I'm accused of going out of my way to start them. I don't like mean spirited posts.
I'll be around & everyone take care.

Red

knabe

OK Knabe...I'm tired but what does that have to do with Red and Cowz??

uh,  even though i annoy cowz with my communist rantings that don't have anything to do with showsteers, i was doing my best to stay positive like her, as i am a recovering negative person.  two of the comments mean more to me than any karma point, and the negative ones don't bother me anymore.  i just think in rowes offering there is a lot to play with.  i also think that it is probably important to reincorporate some outcrosses using some different cows than the first time knowing what we know now about crossing the FB maines on angus etc, even angus/hereford's into the mix.  i would like to see a little more concerted effort to using test crosses.  my take, previously stated many times is that the dna test eliminate the need for test crosses.  this is of monumental utility, and rowes offering provides a resevoir of genetics for people to pursue new blood into the mix.  sometimes the best change is through things changing hands so one can impose their own biases on a product.  this is why corporate boards know that CEO's need to change every 3-5 years so that different areas of the company can receive attention and imrovement, ie like a ceo out of r&d, or out of accounting, marketing, production etc.  rarely is an excecutive good a more than one.  these people are few and far between and have been titans of industry and usually derided for being successful.  rethink the robber barons, the economic system would not allow their continued dominance, but we took them down anyway.  competition is what drives prices down, not regulation.