My best friends gone

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Well for those of you who know me and some that dont but remember me saying I had a old dog, I buired him on Sunday. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I had to make the descision to take him and put him down but feel it was time and the right thing to do but it was still hard. DAMMIT was one of the best dogs I have ever know and was for sure my best friend. Frostie

olsun

Been there         Done that. More than once in fact. It never gets easier.  I once took a best friend to the vet to have it done for me. I have always felt that I deserted her, and wished that I would have been man enough to do it myself. I always get another one, but the good ones are hard to forget. I feel for you.

txshowlamb

Iam sorry for your loss I unfortunatly am going through the same problem. My dog has to be put down she has cancer which has spread to the lungs. SHe is going to be 11 yrs old in a couple months but unfortunatly she wont make it till her next birthday.

frostback

I was there for this dogs conception, birth and everything else up till this. I held his head and I was the last person he saw and I dont think I could have done it any other way. It was offered to me to come back after it was done but no way was I abandoning this dog at the end. The vet knew him and our relationship and I think that made it harder for him and he had a hard time, and had to get another to find the vein. It was a very emotional day for all.  Thanks for the good thoughts.

kanshow

Sorry for your loss Frostie. 

I've been thru it too.  Even for all the pain, I'll go thru it again because of all the joy, comfort, happiness they bring into our lives.  I think that says something about how great they are - they bring so much into our lives and ask for so little.  . 

dori36

Oh, dang, Frostie, I'm SO sorry and you know that I 'do' know how you feel.  You're in my thoughts and he'll be waiting for on the other side.  His pain is gone now, not that that makes it any easier for 'you'.  Bless you, girl!

Simmymom1

(angel)  I am so sorry for your loss Frostback.  Just remember that YOU will see HIM again one day and you will both be reunited, my prayers are with you.  Lisa