My Very Successful State 4H Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

Hey everyone!!! I am posting pics from the AL Junior Beef Expo in March. This was a great show for me. Please let me know what you think of the calves. Kudos to LinZ for some awesome fit jobs too!!!  <party>
1: SDSF Compass Rose
    PB Simmental
    May 5, 2008
  Champion Simmental Heifer/Champion Simmental Bred and Owned Heifer
2. SOSF One Hot Mama
    PB Simmental
    May 31, 2007
    Reserve Champion Simmental Heifer
3. SDB Precious Moments
    PB Brangus
    January 21, 2007
    Champion Brangus Heifer

Attachments

• compass rose state 09.jpg
    compass rose state 09.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 229
  • snappy state 09.jpg
    snappy state 09.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 209
  • precious state 09.jpg
    precious state 09.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 215

EONF

Hey Sarah,
Compass Rose is turning out to be quite the gorgeous girl! Lynsey

SSIMMENTALS

Thanks Lynsey and Linnette Jane!!! I am very proud of all three.

I'm a bit baised to #1(Compass Rose) but #2(Snappy) has done very well for me. She is due May 8, so wish us luck in hopefully getting next year's showheifer. #3(Precious) has been a fun ride in Brangus and AOB and is about to pop her calf out any day now.

PaddyO

all are very good. 2 is my favorite though. she just a little heavier boned, and more spring of rib, but great set

clubcalve

Congrats great job on all of them like the second one a lot (thumbsup)

SSIMMENTALS

Thanks everyone. It looks like Snappy is the Steerplanet favorite!!!! I'm considering hauling her as a pair(along with Compass Rose and another) to Jr Nationals this summer, but I live in AL, so I'm a bit concerned about hauling a month old calf for 13+ hours. Anybody with any experience?? we usually just let the calf loose in its own section by mama, but Iv never hauled one so young so far and for so long.
Sarah

jlingle

I couldn't answer that question for you, but congratulations on mopping up at your fair.  That's pretty awesome.

AAOK

SSIMMENTALS said:
Thanks everyone. It looks like Snappy is the Steerplanet favorite!!!! I'm considering hauling her as a pair(along with Compass Rose and another) to Jr Nationals this summer, but I live in AL, so I'm a bit concerned about hauling a month old calf for 13+ hours. Anybody with any experience?? we usually just let the calf loose in its own section by mama, but Iv never hauled one so young so far and for so long.
Sarah

I agree; I think Snappy will be the best Cow of the three.  Congratulations!

I would have the calf in a separate section, just to make sure mama can't lie down on it.  Turn the calf in with mama to nurse on your regular stops.  It's always good to water, and spray 'em all down about every four hours when you're hauling in the Summer.