Name that quote

Help Support Steer Planet:

LN

aj said:
OK,OK,OK....how about this one...."No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for their country."

Patton...?

LN

Here's a great one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

aj

Dang I will have to study those LN and sj......heres another one. "When my time on earth is gone and my activities have passed. I want them to bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my a$$."

GONEWEST

chiangus said:
GONEWEST said:
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

karl marx

Technically that is correct but I was referring to a more recent, more American, ok maybe not more American, but a more recent paraphraser.

Try this one:

"Far better it is to dare mighty deeds, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor, timid souls who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the cold, gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

inthebarnagain

aj said:
Dang I will have to study those LN and sj......heres another one. "When my time on earth is gone and my activities have passed. I want them to bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my a$$."

The General, Robert Montgomery Knight  <party> (clapping)

DL

aj said:
I guess it was 4 dead in Ohio and not poor dad in ohio. Both lyrics fit the song.

CSNY - written by Y
(4 dead not poor dad, but both apply)

GoWyo

"Whiskey is for drinking -- water is for fighting over."  Especially applies out west where we have prior appropriation of water rights.