Name that quote

Help Support Steer Planet:

GoWyo

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."

Dusty

GoWyo said:
"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."

Ben Franklin

GoWyo

Try this old one that is apt for the times:

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

GoWyo

Jefferson is correct.

Now try this one.  (I better quit soon or I am going to starve - being self-employed is great until you don't get your work done).

"Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets."

GoWyo

And one more before I get back to work:

"To paraphrase Winston Churchill, I did not take the oath I have just taken with the intention of presiding over the dissolution of the world's strongest economy."

aj

|On the "I have found people don't want to be told. That they can figure it out." was Bob Woodward of "watergate fame.

aj

"He was sure back in the sixties that evryone was hip.........Then they sent him off to Vietnam...on his senior trip."

GoWyo

Now for some fun ones.  This guy said it in a movie:

"People on 'ludes should not drive!"

"What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?"

Well, I'll tell you Stu, I did battle some humongous waves! But you know, just like I told the guy on ABC, "Danger is my business!"

GoWyo

aj said:
"He was sure back in the sixties that evryone was hip.........Then they sent him off to Vietnam...on his senior trip."
The Bellamy Bros - Old Hippie ;D

farmboy

GoWyo said:
"What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?"

taking a stab at it and guessing that Wayne said it