National Western Stock Show and Rodeo

Help Support Steer Planet:

ROAD WARRIOR

Who's going to Denver and what dates will you be there - Steer Planet get togather?

aj

When is the red angus stuff? When is the maine anjou bull sale in the yards? What are some of the other breed shows? We will probably go out one or two days to help with a couples pen bulls. There is nothing better than being in the yards in Denver with a foot of snow and 10 degree temperature. I think there are several national shows being held also. I've heard that there is a heck of a steak house in Denver(shotgun willies). I know the Denver Broncos aren't doing to good this year. ;)

ROAD WARRIOR

The red "hill" show is tues 22nd, 8:00 am - Pen show is Mon 21, 7:30 am - Mile High Red Angus sale is Mon 21 at 12:00 noon.

ROAD WARRIOR

The Maine Bull sale is Sat the 19 at 4:00 pm.

AJ - I don't think the kind of meat they have at Shotgun Willies is what you are looking for for family dining if you get my drift!

garybob

Anybody hanging around for Derek Jungels' deal? I like the "Keith Lauer" bred Bulls better than anything else he's offering this year. Masculine, bigger-footed, larger testicles (that hang straight), deeper-bodied, easier-fleshing.

These are my assumptions, after viewing the tiniest print and cloudy pictures.

GB

itk

I love seeing Keith get his props and I hope the bulls that he bred sell well, however in my case I could save 8 hours of driving, maybe find a better bull and spend half the money going 40 minutes down the road to his place. Kansas is truly a great place to raise shorthorns. The high selling heifer at Cates sale and the breed leader in calving ease all reside within our borders, what a place. Plus we got aj and Elbee too can it get any better.

shortdawg

I don't think I will make it this year. I opted to go on the Church Ski trip instead. I will have a heifer out there that the Schrags will have in their string. Whoever goes please let me know how she is coming along. She is just a baby and this will be her first show. She is sired by SS Pure Pride 407 out of BFS Lovely Lady BL 432 and her rgistered name is SS Lady Pride 769. Any comments would be appreciated.

cowz

ROAD WARRIOR said:
Who's going to Denver and what dates will you be there - Steer Planet get togather?

Sounds like the "gang" will be around on the 2nd weekend....so how about after the Shorthorn Sale on Sunday the 20th or after the RA pen show on Monday the 21st?  We could have lunch down in the yards or meet in the auction arena?  Whatcha think?

ROAD WARRIOR

I'll be there from about the 18 - 22 with one sale heifer (a far cry from the 6 - 10 I usually run with) If anybody needs any clipping or show day help then P M me .

red

Justme & I are so jealous! Both of us would love to go. some day I'll maybe get the hubby to go but just don't see it happening soon.
I'd love to see updates from the shows & tradeshow. Maybe we can have roving reporters!

Hope all have a good time & safe trip. any idea on the long range forecast?

Red

Show Heifer

We'll be there 20th -24 then heading to Ft. Worth for the National show....anyone else going?

cowz

Here is the link to the red angus sale at NWSS    www.redcows.net

Partner on Lot 22?

Jill

cowz said:
Here is the link to the red angus sale at NWSS    www.redcows.net

Partner on Lot 22?
We had gone to the sale last year with every intention of purchasing her maternal sister, she went a little over our price range for a Red Angus, in Kansas they show as AOB which makes it very hard to compete without some power, but she was beautiful, one of those we probably should have gone ahead and we'll kick ourselves on down the road.

justintime

I am planning to be in Denver on Sunday january 2oth, hopefully in time for the Shorthorn sale. I will be there until Tuesday. if there is a Get together planned, someone is going to have to set a time and place for anyone who can, to meet. We need an official organizer to take charge and tell us where and when.

DLD

I plan on being there the 18th and 19th, going to the MA sale in the yards Saturday evening for sure. Past that I'm not sure, I might be leaving first thing on the 20th, could possibly end up staying as long as through the feeder calf sale on the 22nd. I'd be in for meeting up with any/every body if it happens while I'm there.

Jill

If we get to go it will be for the display bulls Sat and Sun, please post where you are meeting just in case we end up being there.