Natural breeding a cow that has been transplanted

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Can you breed a cow naturally after she has been transplanted. Forgive me for my ignorance but when I was in school they were still doing surgical transplants. Thanks in advance. :D

red

AJ- we have always done it. I think it's best to wait one full cycle beofre breeding her.

Red

Cowboy

AJ -- I kind of know where you are down there in NW Ks. Not sure of the exact road , but close.

To address your question, ABSOLUTELY -- if you are asking if she is still fertile after transplant and had failed or calved normally - yes.

Today there are no more surgical transplants done that I know of, unless they might be for some sort of research. There is very little is ANY trauma done to the uterus after transferring an embryo non-surgicaly if done correctly.

You don't want to expose the cow to a bull while in heat for the embryo sync -- that might be asking for lots of trouble -- twinning will be a huge issue - and even worse - hfr-bull twins as well as figuring out which mating was successful.

I think you question was if you would be able to breed the cow after an embryo transfer -- that is deffinately YES.

If i misunderstood, let me know -- this is all I do for groceries -- hehehe -- pretty much have it figured out by now!!

Tell the nighbors hello -- they were sposed to come up with a cow pretty quick -- you know who they are!

Terry

Latest posts