Need help with my heifer!

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

beefmaster said:
As allot more people said, if you dont like the posts dont look at them.  She has looked allot over the internet and couldnt find the information that she was looking for...please also keep your comments to your self :( :)
Ya'll want help then say to keep your opinions to yourself? That makes a lot on sense. It is pretty easy to find the information on here, so just look instead of smarting off when you're called out on it. To reinforce what others have said, it's going to take more than 2 times a week going out there.

advocate

Zak you are a negative nancy. Please learn how to spell you look like a waterhead. How do you like it lol.

joey219

It's extremely disappointing that many of you have decided to take the time to be so openly rude.  It obvious she is looking for as much information as possible.  She may be doing it excessively however don't you think you could send her a private message instead of verbally abusing her in public.  I agree that she may want to combine her topics or ask additional questions in the same topic however let us take into account that she is young and instead of treating her poorly we encourage her quest for knowledge.  Not everyone wakes up knowing everything there is to know about raising beef.  It appears that she lives in Northern Wisconsin -- there isn't the availability of shows near this area as we would like.  Most shows are  held in the lower end of the state and it's not always easy to travel.  I think that those of you who have decide to be so harsh should reconsider why you are on steerplanet.  Would you speak so harshly to her if you were teaching a clinic on show animal care?  If she raised her hand in the clinic would you ignore her?  Would you be rude to her in front of everyone at the clinic?  I would hope not but because you don't have to face her you think it is okay for you to be rotten.  Again I am truly disappointed.

squirt71

Do you have a friend with a blower?  If she is fine with leading, etc.,  I'd try and find a chute and blower to borrow so you can put her in a chute and put the sidebars down so she can't kick and then blow her.  That way she gets the feel of having something touch her without you being in the kicking area.  The same thing goes with washing her, if you can get her to the washrack and tie her up, running water on her will help get the feel of having someone touch her.

If you can't find that stuff to borrow, I'd do what others have said and tie her up and put a brush on a stick and brush her that way until she gets used to you. 

SSIMMENTALS

I have a suggestion. It has nothing to do with this topic, but rather the blower. If beefmaster and you both have your calves at the same farm, why don't you pool your money and go in together on a blower. This will cut your cost in half and get you both a valuable tool. If beefmaster already has one, maybe she will let you borrow hers, if not you will each gain tremendously from your teamwork. If funds are still limited, you could probably talk to your parents and have a small yardsale/bake sale together to gain the funding needed. Just a thought to help you gain a very imortant tool that will make your life a whole lot easier. ;D

fed_champions

knabe said:
good job knabe for posting two video links that were very helpful.

Did You just congratulate yourself? LMFAO, Thats the funniest thing ive seen yet lol

katie_k

thanks for sticking up for me. and i really am sorry about all the posting.  also i love the videos, really great.  and thanks for all the good info. i think its really going to help

ALTSIMMY 79

Haven't been on here long but sure can figure out pretty quick by reading all that who is a complete four letter word and who is worth talking to ! My gosh pretty ridiculous when someone is just trying to learn a few things !

Bradenh

zak said:
In the 1st two pages you have ten posts. Two of your post are about washing your calf. Another two post are about building a Shute and buying a blower. Try maybe combining some of ur posts. Another post is about taking a look at ur calves. You also have a post about not being able to find any shows when there is multiple websites that have lists of shows all over the country on it. It's really getting annoying seeing all your stupid post. I would say most active members on here start one new post every week not 10 in two days. You need to stop its getting out of control. And to be honest i dont think anyone cares if you found your clippers!!!
amen zak. That's all that we feel needed to be said. Thank you

Ms Ray

SSIMMENTALS said:
I have a suggestion. It has nothing to do with this topic, but rather the blower. If beefmaster and you both have your calves at the same farm, why don't you pool your money and go in together on a blower. This will cut your cost in half and get you both a valuable tool. If beefmaster already has one, maybe she will let you borrow hers, if not you will each gain tremendously from your teamwork. If funds are still limited, you could probably talk to your parents and have a small yardsale/bake sale together to gain the funding needed. Just a thought to help you gain a very imortant tool that will make your life a whole lot easier. ;D

If you and beefmaster have your calves at the same barn maybe you could work something out if you have not already about helping each other, tie each others calves, walk each others while yours is eating that way even when one of you can't be there they are still being worked a little. 

OH Breeder

Show stopper 95 said:
zak said:
In the 1st two pages you have ten posts. Two of your post are about washing your calf. Another two post are about building a Shute and buying a blower. Try maybe combining some of ur posts. Another post is about taking a look at ur calves. You also have a post about not being able to find any shows when there is multiple websites that have lists of shows all over the country on it. It's really getting annoying seeing all your stupid post. I would say most active members on here start one new post every week not 10 in two days. You need to stop its getting out of control. And to be honest i dont think anyone cares if you found your clippers!!!
amen zak. That's all that we feel needed to be said. Thank you

relax..... O0

herfluvr

Shorthorn Girl said:
i have a shorthorn heifer that was born in march.  but she barly trusts me. she walks amazing but i can touch her or brush her or anything except get the halter on.  its driving me crazy because we have been working twice a week for like 2 hours since the begining of august! i keep her at a place because i live in town.  i need help any suggestions for me? how can i get her to trust me and let me grrom her. because she is pure white and is just a mess. also she will just go crazy on me and try to butt me and bite me.  HELP!

I have followed your post because we were once in your shoes.  Total Newbies and had we not had the good fortune to have a cousin to help us and answer ALL our questions no matter how stupid they may have seem to him, we would not have learned.  KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS!!  And you will find people gracious enough and big hearted enough to help you.  As for those that find your posts too numerous or trivial, stay away.  You obviously don't need to be bothered by such things as how to work hair or what might help with feed or heaven forbid you would share a hidden secret.  WOW.  This is a forum.  If not for some place like this this young lady might not be able to improve herself. 

Good Luck to you and see if your extention agent can put you in contact with a someone that is just out of the club or a senior member that would mentor you a bit.  We have now had some nice success because I personally bugged the crap out of my cousin and some very successful showmen in our county and state.  They all said the same thing.  They never minded telling me the answers because I wanted to learn and be better and that is what anyone entering the arena or starting a herd should want to do not bash a person for too many posts.  Now were are glad to sell a calf to a new member and help them out with breaking, clipping, hair, showing and feeding because we walked in thier shoes. ANd we have a great time doing it!