new bull Breathe Easy

Help Support Steer Planet:

Throttle

Anyone seen this calf? He is an Ali x Harrietta and looks dang nice in the picture on Trausch's website. Nice picture, nice pedigree. What's he like in person?

2009%2520Breathe%2520Easy.jpg

red

That WAGS girl just keeps putting them out! Discovery is another son out of that combination. I put comments about him on the photo first thread.
homesplash.jpg

Red

Throttle

Those are both great looking bulls, for being fairly easy calving, by pedigree at least. Anyone seen either in person?

That cow sure has done her share of great things, but has a son ever really caught on?

RSC

Throttle said:
Anyone seen this calf? He is an Ali x Harrietta and looks dang nice in the picture on Trausch's website. Nice picture, nice pedigree. What's he like in person?

2009%2520Breathe%2520Easy.jpg
I had heard that Traush's are bringing Breathe Easy and a couple other of their bulls(Eye Candy) to the Nebraska Classic to display them.

It will also be interesting to see the Bull Gateway has for sale in the Maine Show that is a full brother. 

RSC

CAB

WAR kept a flushmate also & Bob Sunquist has another Flushmate. I don't know where all of the female flushmates are.
  I would say that in the clubbie deal, Hairy would be the son of Harrietta that has the most name recognition.

wessington

CAB said:
  WAR kept a flushmate also & Bob Sunquist has another Flushmate. I don't know where all of the female flushmates are.
   I would say that in the clubbie deal, Hairy would be the son of Harrietta that has the most name recognition.

Heard they only had 1 heifer calf out of Ali

olsun

I know of 4 of these full sibs. Trausch bought the first as a calf. I saw the other 3 at Wagonhammer.  the one they had consigned to the classic was the smallest framed and most clubby. The bob tailed one was my favorite. He sold to Sinclair, named Discovery, and has a tail in the picture. Sunquist bought the fourth. All very nice, Hairietta is a great cow. JMO

cpubarn

Discovery was @ Nichols bull stud in Ankeny today.  He looked good to me, but I don't think I need a share...

Mark

Throttle

cpubarn said:
Discovery was @ Nichols bull stud in Ankeny today.  He looked good to me, but I don't think I need a share...

Mark

Meaning he isn't that good or they are limiting the supply or both?

red

Throttle said:
cpubarn said:

Mark

Meaning he isn't that good or they are limiting the supply or both?

they are selling semen packages of 50 units for $2500. No certificate costs & if you pay upfront shipping is free.

Red

GONEWEST

I sure would like to own that cow. BUT...........................have any of these bulls EVER turned out to be any good? She had those two 1/2 Simmi show heifers.  I'm really hoping this Frank The Tank turns out because he has some body to him. But if you had a pretty good cow, flushed the stuffing out of her, heavily promoted the best few calves........wouldn't your cow be just as good? Just wondering.

olsun

I guess that I have a little different take on this subject. I will agree that none of the bulls from Harrietta have been proven to be super producers. By the same token, most are still young. How long has it taken for the cream of Heat Wave's sons to rise to the top? The reason that I feel that Hairrietta is a great cow is because she has produced well above average from several different types of bulls. The mark of a great breeding animal is not how well they nick with certain animals or bloodlines, but how well they breed across the board. I think she is a great cow. JMO.

wessington

GONEWEST said:
I sure would like to own that cow. BUT...........................have any of these bulls EVER turned out to be any good? She had those two 1/2 Simmi show heifers.  I'm really hoping this Frank The Tank turns out because he has some body to him. But if you had a pretty good cow, flushed the stuffing out of her, heavily promoted the best few calves........wouldn't your cow be just as good? Just wondering.

Name all the cows that have out produced her and give us their owners phone numbers. I wish we all had a cow that had raised national champion females, champion steers and 10+ bulls promoted with high selling calves all out of different bulls. Very short and select list that she is on.

Jill

olsun said:
I guess that I have a little different take on this subject. I will agree that none of the bulls from Harrietta have been proven to be super producers. By the same token, most are still young. How long has it taken for the cream of Heat Wave's sons to rise to the top? The reason that I feel that Hairrietta is a great cow is because she has produced well above average from several different types of bulls. The mark of a great breeding animal is not how well they nick with certain animals or bloodlines, but how well they breed across the board. I think she is a great cow. JMO.
Have the cream of the Heat Wave sons risen to the top?  I can't think of any that stand out as a true top producer, he dominates the show ring, but has not IMO been able to replace himself.

CM Cattle

Jill said:
olsun said:
Have the cream of the Heat Wave sons risen to the top?  I can't think of any that stand out as a true top producer, he dominates the show ring, but has not IMO been able to replace himself.
I was thinking the same thing.

red

I guess to me there is a big difference comparing a cow's legacy w/ a bull's.

Red