New bull! Texas Tornado!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegadelivestock

blackdiamond said:
OK, fine, since you don't like my number 1 option, or the 2nd either, b/c they aren't 'pure'...  Settle for 3rd...

He is a purebred.  He is double clean, and he is a hell of a breeding bull.

If he's still not 'pure' enough for you, then you 'd better head up to Canada, or search the US for the non-asterick shorthorn... course with them, you won't find much more muscle than the cat assed, banana legged Angus have-- or you'll find plenty of 'white' meat'd ones...

it wasn't a matter of like or dislike, in fact i quite like both of the first two bulls
and for the record i AM in canada  (lol) but im not one of the guys who thinks they must be 100% and i do recognize the vlaue of a bit of maine in them, but i was just pointing out that he is a miane, and the post specificely said shorthorn
the roan bull sure is stout, biut i had some concerns about his hind wheels as well, im sure it's just the photo,
sorry if i offended, this was not my intention

wyatt

I think his right leg is further forward and due to the angle of the picture gives the appearance that they are touching

Cattle Cards

FriedgesCharolais said:
How many March calves in a show ring are actually Februarys?

Seriously?  You're underestimating things.  In the clubby, Maine, Chi, Commercial, etc breed heifers there's a saying I can't quite remember but it has to do with 30, days, 60 days and to win you move 'em back 90 days.  Those March calves could easily be Dec. heifers.  :mad:  I don't like it.  And it's so obvious...but what can you do?

Bradenh

Blackdiamond - I realize your cattle have good Genetics and I'm not going to say anything on your bull besides that he's a stout rip. but I wish you had another picture because that one leaves us under the impression that if Pasterns were made of flint rocks.., and he walked in the woods... That he would start a forest fire

Like I said I'm a believer that your on to something and I'm not debating the quality of calf. But a more presentable picture would help us out

blackdiamond

Show stopper 95 said:
Blackdiamond - I realize your cattle have good Genetics and I'm not going to say anything on your bull besides that he's a stout rip. but I wish you had another picture because that one leaves us under the impression that if Pasterns were made of flint rocks.., and he walked in the woods... That he would start a forest fire

Like I said I'm a believer that your on to something and I'm not debating the quality of calf. But a more presentable picture would help us out

didn't realize I had already posted that pic...

can't get a newer pic..  this one is really odl

blackdiamond

blackdiamond said:
Show stopper 95 said:

didn't realize I had already posted that pic...

can't get a newer pic..  this one is really odl

Here is a recent pic...  He's prob 7 years old now. 

The whole story is he was turned out with 40 cows as a yearling b/c of a lack of a bull. He has never had a break, and breeds prob 50 cows a year. He lives on cedar and rocks.  This guy's mother flops out little 60 pound calves every year- he was no different. 

Attachments

• IMG_1988.JPG
    IMG_1988.JPG
    762.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 299