New family member

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

Just wanted to share some pics of our newest family member. He is a basset hound X dachshund. I call him Beasley my wife calls him Earl. I had been hoping to get a puppy from SRU but a friend of ours who raises bassets called and said she had two free puppies left from a oops litter my wife fell instantly in love with this one. The pics are from my camera phone but you can still tell he's pretty darn cute.

Attachments

• beasley 001.jpg
    beasley 001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 441
  • beasley 002.jpg
    beasley 002.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 448

itk

After giving them about $30,000 of course I'm a fan. The even better news is my wife just told me we can call him Beasley, which might be the first and probally the last fight I am going to win in this marriage. Plus I didn't want Jill to think I was some kind of stalker naming our dog after her husband. ;D

Jill

My husband hasn't ever figured out why it is every time you hear the name Earl it is associated with the geeky guy (thumbsup)

cowz

itk.....cute pup....gotta love those wrinkles!!! ;D

Jill, your husband won't appreciate this,,,,,but when we were young we worked on a ranch where the foreman had a real tough blue heeler named Earl.

Of course this dog went down in history because he loved sneaking into the alley when we were sorting pairs.....then plopping down in the gate at the least convenient moment.  Yup, we have talked about "Earl the gate dog" for years!!!

red

Woody was named for my dad's nickname & Poolie after the hubby's dad. My dad just beams when he hears us call the pup Woody.

Red  (dog)

ShowStopper

Its kind of funny that you posted this one! We just got a new family member as well. She is a Coon Hound X Dachshund. My sister is calling her Dixie May because she is "a redneck dog" lol    (dog)

Attachments

• dixie.jpg
    dixie.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 283