New heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

zac_norwood

I finally got a heifer, think she looks pretty nice! She is a bojo char x a monopoly cow, what does everyone think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 334

Gargan

Pretty hfr, in this picture she appears to be a touch sickle hocked however. Imo that's better than being to straight legged though!!

AndersenClubCalves

Seen her picture on Launter's blog today. Really like this heifer! Her front end looks perfect to me. Agree with her hind leg structure, but what a nice change from the rest of these post legged clubbies.

zac_norwood

Thanks for the comments! How do you think she will be as a cow? She was born in june

zac_norwood

Here is a picture of her at the Arkansas state spring livestock show yesterday, she is growing good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 282

zac_norwood

Got a pic of her in the pasture today, I'm about to let her loose for the summer and try to get some of the fat off her to breed her this fall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 214

zac_norwood

Iv been thinking just a low birth weight angus, with her clubby genetics and size I don't want to ruin her on her first calf, but I still got a few months to think about that! Snapped a pic of her in the pasture today, thought she was looking more and more like a cow instead of a steer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 184

zac_norwood

Figured I would do another small update, she is still growing well. I will be breeding her December first to a step up, which is a purebred Simmental.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 150

Davidsonranch

I like your thinking on breeding, but I would go with A Step Up's daddy Grandmaster for her first calf until everyone finds out what A Step UP really looks like for calving.  I dont think I've ever had a Grandmaster more than 75 pounds out of some big cows.  Up and running, vigorous little things. 
You have a dandy heifer their, just get a live calf for sure.