New Herd Stud! *** Tell me what you think

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

I really like him other than he is a little bow legged on front. Looks like he has an explosive rear end, but it is hard to tell from the front shot. Can you take some side and rear pics so we can get a better view? Other than that, he looks like he has a small well shaped head, so I expect him to be a calving ease sire. Those crazy front legs do bother me though!

knabe

Like the angle, really shows volume.  I'll bet his eps suck and hes been used on a couple of ranches and there was lots of tablespoon calves instead of teaspoon calves. Is he full Irish?

SWMO

Very alert.  Does the rule about being able to run faster than the animal apply to this one?

Show Dad

I did get him to add power in the rear but I will need to watch the front and only breed him to broody fronted females. He is very fast but I will need to make sure his offspring don't have too long of tails.

Here is a profile picture. Not sure what he'll do for coat color.

Attachments

• Stud side view.jpg
    Stud side view.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 618

Show Dad

He does have some structural issues like the front legs. And when he gets on the move he goes to fast. He also kicks harder than a mule. But he doesn't eat much.

I sure hope when I send some offspring to the bull test that they marble well. I'm sure they be very feed efficient.

justintime

SD said:
He does have some structural issues like the front legs. And when he gets on the move he goes to fast. He also kicks harder than a mule. But he doesn't eat much.

I sure hope when I send some offspring to the bull test that they marble well. I'm sure they be very feed efficient.

I'm not liking that back leg either... pretty straight down through the hock and then really weak in the pasterns. I'm also suspecting some disposition issues from his offspring. He seems to be a bit high headed and too " alert" .  Those terriblly shaped front feet would suggest that he should only be used on females with excellent feet and legs. I would also suggest that it may be a good idea to try something different than buying a " mail order sire". You just can't trust some of them Aussie's .. right TDU and Aussie?

DL

Certainly appears to have more than adequate scrotal circumference - have you had a breeding soundless done on him? Hate to have all your eggs in one pouch. I think he will throw silver - new fad for the clubby guys? He's got those Maine ears - sure he is not a crossbred?

Aussie

Like to thank you for posting of the stud sire from one of our most prolific studs. This sire will introduce the ability to only breed in good seasons, works on their own rotational grazing system (never open a gate again) and produces healthy lean meat. Good luck and if more are required I can only supply another 1 000 000

Show Dad

DL - I am just trying to ride the next big thing in the club calf industry. Though I have to admit it would be interesting to see you get a scrotal measurement on something like this. :)

Aussie - thanks for the offer but I really don't need anymore (or one for that matter)!

farmboy

looks like the offspring will have a little spring in their step, with that cocky look too. Let us know what the birth weights are

Show Dad

justintime said:
SD said:

I'm not liking that back leg either... pretty straight down through the hock and then really weak in the pasterns. I'm also suspecting some disposition issues from his offspring. He seems to be a bit high headed and too " alert" .  Those terriblly shaped front feet would suggest that he should only be used on females with excellent feet and legs. I would also suggest that it may be a good idea to try something different than buying a " mail order sire". You just can't trust some of them Aussie's .. right TDU and Aussie?

JIT you got to realize that I am the guy that was sent to town to sell a cow and came back with a handful of magic beans. ;D

JoeBnTN

SD said:
I did get him to add power in the rear but I will need to watch the front and only breed him to broody fronted females. He is very fast but I will need to make sure his offspring don't have too long of tails.

Here is a profile picture. Not sure what he'll do for coat color.
You need to call John Sullivan -- not sure there's enough glue, graphite, twine, paint that you can use to get hair on those front legs right!!  He and his crew are the only ones that might know how to fit him properly!

Davis Shorthorns

I'm guessing that the offspring will just jump right up and take off at birth.  Hey DL is that new Genetic Defect look like this guy?  I think you might need a sample. <alien>

wyatt

use on trashy fronted tight shouldered cattle he is open shouldered and bow legged also a little straight off the rear and he might also work on some rat tail chars... (clapping) <alien>

DL

Davis Shorthorns said:
I'm guessing that the offspring will just jump right up and take off at birth.  Hey DL is that new Genetic Defect look like this guy?  I think you might need a sample. <alien>

Ya know Davis you might be spot on - perhaps he should be CT scanned before he is used on any cows (and of course a purple top tube or a chunk of ear - he has plenty to spare LOL to Dr B) - knowing SD as I do I am sure he wants to make sure that his new sire is free of any known genetic defects prior to promotion - the price of the CT will be well worth his piece of mind - make sure the CT the tail - don't want any tail defects either