New Herd Stud! *** Tell me what you think

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Dad

JoeBnTN said:
SD said:
I did get him to add power in the rear but I will need to watch the front and only breed him to broody fronted females. He is very fast but I will need to make sure his offspring don't have too long of tails.

Here is a profile picture. Not sure what he'll do for coat color.
You need to call John Sullivan -- not sure there's enough glue, graphite, twine, paint that you can use to get hair on those front legs right!!  He and his crew are the only ones that might know how to fit him properly!
Now that's funny!

Show Dad

DL said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
I'm guessing that the offspring will just jump right up and take off at birth.  Hey DL is that new Genetic Defect look like this guy?  I think you might need a sample. <alien>

Ya know Davis you might be spot on - perhaps he should be CT scanned before he is used on any cows (and of course a purple top tube or a chunk of ear - he has plenty to spare LOL to Dr B) - knowing SD as I do I am sure he wants to make sure that his new sire is free of any known genetic defects prior to promotion - the price of the CT will be well worth his piece of mind - make sure the CT the tail - don't want any tail defects either
Everybody is picking out the physical issues and now DL is on me about genetic defects?! ;D

I garuantee he will test clean of any known bovine defects. ;D <alien>

DL

SD said:
DL said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
I'm guessing that the offspring will just jump right up and take off at birth.  Hey DL is that new Genetic Defect look like this guy?  I think you might need a sample. <alien>

Ya know Davis you might be spot on - perhaps he should be CT scanned before he is used on any cows (and of course a purple top tube or a chunk of ear - he has plenty to spare LOL to Dr B) - knowing SD as I do I am sure he wants to make sure that his new sire is free of any known genetic defects prior to promotion - the price of the CT will be well worth his piece of mind - make sure the CT the tail - don't want any tail defects either
Everybody is picking out the physical issues and now DL is one me about genetic defects?! ;D

I garuantee he will test clean of any known bovine defects. ;D <alien>

check out the roo rad SD - I think he is OK ;)

Attachments

• roo rad.jpg
    roo rad.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 193

kfacres

if he does not become a denver display sire: you will never sell semen on him..  good luck keeping him down in the yards though- he appears flighty. 

I like the color- and really like the flair of lower quarter.

knabe

If he does go to Denver, genetic options will be reduced, ai companies pockets will be lined, certs will be issued, etc.

If he goes to Denver, I will take him out, I need to manage people's behavior to benefit me except when it doesn't..

OH Breeder

SD- I think if you get him in a cooler for a couple three months you might get some hair on that beast and you could clip some of that bow leggedness out of him. It also might improve his front a tick so he's not so narrow. I bet you have a time though halter breaking him. I am not sure donkey is gonna work, you might want to just put him on a tractor.

justintime

SD... I think you may have a winner here. Half the battle of promoting a new herd sire is getting him noticed . I think your new herd sire has been noticed even if some of the reasons were not real positive.Looks to me you not only have a calving ease sire but by the difference I see between his shoulder height and his hip height, it appears he also could be a growth bull. How much are you charging for " pettings rights" ( otherwise known as a syndicate interest)?

Show Dad

Denver might just be a great idea. Will need some help clipping and taking to and from tie outs.

OHB - I think I might just use a tractor. But I wonder if he will just hop over the cab?