New Show Calves...Any Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

thats funny

The first two are a who made who steer out of a mossy oak granddaughter.
The third pic is a wave on wave heifer out of an angus cow.
The fourth is a wave on wave steer out of a who made who daughter. He will be selling in Valley City, North Dakota, at the North Star Classic on December 6th.

Attachments

• wl1.JPG
    wl1.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 948
  • wl2.JPG
    wl2.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 927
  • WOW2.JPG
    WOW2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 910
  • wows1.JPG
    wows1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 932

red

very nice. I thought from the first couple of pictures he might be a little sway back but think it was how he was set-up.

Red

Cattledog

I think your calves look real nice.  The first one is kind of unique due to the color of his back legs.  Is the left back leg all white?  Anyway, the heifer is nice and is my kind of heifer.

thats funny

yeah his whole back leg is white all the way up to his flank. It looks like u stuck his leg in a can ok white paint.

BCCC

Looks like the WOW heifer has good depth, however she toes out just a tad, she looks like she could make a good show heifer and a great cow!. The WMW steer does look to have a slightly swayed back, However he has a real nice front end and very nice hair, he looks like he good use some width. The WOW steers looks to have all the right peices to make a good show steer, he also looks like he toes out some on the front end, but has some great hair and alot of style. They are carrying on a good clip job also! Good luck!

Just wondering would the wmw steer be related to your steer from last year?

OH Breeder

BCCC said:
Looks like the WOW heifer has good depth, however she toes out just a tad, she looks like she could make a good show heifer and a great cow!. The WMW steer does look to have a slightly swayed back, However he has a real nice front end and very nice hair, he looks like he good use some width. The WOW steers looks to have all the right peices to make a good show steer, he also looks like he toes out some on the front end, but has some great hair and alot of style. They are carrying on a good clip job also! Good luck!

Just wondering would the wmw steer be related to your steer from last year?

ANy more you don't see many calves that don't toe out. ;)

thats funny

Umm they would be kinda related they have the same grandsire.  And the wmw steer is kind standing down in a dip where all the calves walk along the pannels, and he is probably the soundest calf we have had, and the WOW steer is looking at the camera so therefore his feet arent going to be perfectly straight. And the WOW heifer isnt perfect on her front feet but shes not bad at all as u should be able to see because they are barely even toeing out. 

OH Breeder

Personally I don't think they look that bad. I can't see her front feet together enough to tell. The others don't look bad. Nice calves. The white leg is unusal.

mooch

thats funny said:
Umm they would be kinda related they have the same grandsire.  And the wmw steer is kind standing down in a dip where all the calves walk along the pannels, and he is probably the soundest calf we have had, and the WOW steer is looking at the camera so therefore his feet arent going to be perfectly straight. And the WOW heifer isnt perfect on her front feet but shes not bad at all as u should be able to see because they are barely even toeing out. 
Sooo, you only wanted people with good things to say to reply ::)

thats funny

No i never said that and Ill admit the way i said stuff might have seemed like I was a little mad....the thing is that you just cant really see the cattle from the front so how can you really tell they are toeing out.  Yeah the heat wave heifer is the only one that toes out and she isnt even bad at all...but thats getting nit picky....well thanks for the comments keep giving them to me.

BCCC

mooch said:
thats funny said:
Sooo, you only wanted people with good things to say to reply ::)
Thats what sounded like to me also.

thats funny said:
No i never said that and Ill admit the way i said stuff might have seemed like I was a little mad....the thing is that you just cant really see the cattle from the front so how can you really tell they are toeing out.  Yeah the heat wave heifer is the only one that toes out and she isn't even bad at all...but that's getting nit picky....well thanks for the comments keep giving them to me.
You never said it but after people give you comments on them and you say thanks are there any others? It sounds like you wanted some one to nit pick on them, You just agreed with me, I said she toes out a tad and in this past post you said she toes out just a tad. 

thats funny said:
.the thing is that you just cant really see the cattle from the front so how can you really tell they are toeing out. 
No you cant really tell how bad they toe out but even from a side profile you can still tell they are toeing out by how much outer hoof you can see. Everything I said was also follwed by just a tad or just slightly, meaning its not very bad. Don't get so defensive because it sounds like you are just wanting the good comments on the calves. JMHO that's all judging cattle is, is one person's opinion........They look good but arent perfect(otherwise they would be priced at 50k) JMO

thats funny

Yeah sorry guys or gals i dont know u guys very well but i think it sounded deffensive but i seriously didnt try to make it sound that way, it just ended up like that.  I just dont know why u would say that they toe out when u can seriously barely even see it.  But thanks for the good comments and some that help me to make them better.

BCCC

thats funny said:
Yeah sorry guys or gals i dont know u guys very well but i think it sounded deffensive but i seriously didnt try to make it sound that way, it just ended up like that. 
Its all good!

thats funny said:
I just dont know why u would say that they toe out when u can seriously barely even see it. 
You just said you can barley see it.....That means its still there, they may not toe out a alot, but looking real close at the pictures they toe out JUST A TAD, not alot but a little bit.  Have a great day!